Aftermarket Account Rep / Product Support Sales Rep - Industrial Equip
Company: Alta Equipment
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: March 8, 2019
Overview About the Company: Alta Equipment Company is one of the Great Lakes leading equipment dealers, offering a wide variety of products including gas and electric forklifts, a diverse line of construction equipment and materials handling products. Alta brings 34 years of experience in service efficiency and fleet management to its customer base, providing rapid response and innovative solutions. We are a growing, progressive, multi-location distributor with 24 locations and over 900 employees based in Michigan, Northern Indiana and Illinois. Our core commitment is to provide outstanding service that exceeds our customers' expectations. Alta's Guiding Principles are that we Invest in the Best, we have a Passion for Excellence, we promote Mutual Respect, we are One Team, and we develop relationships that create Customers for Life. We offer an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health with 3 PPO plans to choose from
- Delta Dental
- EyeMed voluntary vision
- UNUM company paid life, short and long term disability insurances
- Voluntary life and long term disability buy up
- Legal and identity theft insurance
- Flexible and health savings accounts
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) with discretionary match Responsibilities Alta Equipment Company is seeking a talented individual for an aftermarket account representative / product support sales representative position covering our Battle Creek, MI market. The aftermarket account rep will report to the branch manager and will be instrumental in achieving the department's business objectives through profitable revenue generation. The responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Quoting and selling repairs, preventative maintenance and maintenance contracts, parts and rental
- Territory development with a focus on customer acquisition and retention
- Team with the Branch Manager to develop new accounts
- Collaborate with the sales department to generate leads for new equipment and aftermarket
- Incorporates Alta's Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Performs other duties as assigned Qualifications
- High School diploma, or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of forklifts and/ or construction equipment is a plus; however, candidates with comparable industry experience, a strong sales acumen and record of achievement will also be considered
- Strong customer service skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and various software applications
- Must have valid driver's license, clean driving record and automobile insurance.
- Computer programs - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook,& the Internet
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Intermediate: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability - High: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use hands, talk/hear; Frequently will sit; Occasionally will stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste/smell
- Vision: No special vision requirements
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Frequently will lift up to 25 pounds; Occasionally will lift 26 to 50 pounds
- Work Environment: Frequently will work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles Other Opportunities at Alta: Please visit our careers page at to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company about this posting We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Alta Equipment, Battle Creek , Aftermarket Account Rep / Product Support Sales Rep - Industrial Equip, Sales , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!