Production Scheduler II
Company: SPX Flow
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Bring your industrial production control / manufacturing
experience, skill with communication, and knowledge of an SAP
platform to an individual contributor position where you ll learn a
great deal as part of a close-knit team. On a day-to-day basis you
ll hit the ground running in our fast-paced environment where you
ll assist the Service Center Manager to ensure the smooth and
efficient flow of work for each operation according to
manufacturing sequences and lead times. You ll spend a good deal of
time working in SAP to structure and manage orders, ensuring that
parts needed for the sequence of procurement, fabrication, assembly
and other manufacturing and finishing operations are completed in a
With your experience, you ll know that communication is key to
meeting customer expectations, so you ll spend a good deal of time
working directly with customers as well as with outside vendors and
internal teams to ensure needs are met. You ll also have
opportunities to identify improvement opportunities and make
suggestions that will help us meet our goals in a more efficient or
less costly way.
This is a job where no two days are exactly the same, and you ll
need the flexibility to roll with change. On any given day you may
find yourself quoting repair jobs, researching cost history,
working with purchasing agents and vendors to get quotes for
components, scheduling tests through the test facility, scheduling
work on the floor, monitoring and closing jobs in SAP, completing
job inspections, maintain and collecting data for jobs and as built
documentation for customers, and more. You ll generally work Monday
Friday, with some flexibility as to start time.
The company is expanding, which will create opportunities for
strong performers to grow their careers. When you join this
multi-industry manufacturing leader you ll play an important role
in our mission to provide highly specialized engineered products
and innovative technologies. The environment is positive, you'll
work with great people, and we offer competitive competition and
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Analyze repair strategy, work scopes, parts lists, and production
requirements to determine the best and most efficient manufacturing
processes, tools and human resource requirements to complete
* Engage with 3rd party vendors to obtain price and lead time for
parts and services.
* Coordinate the logistics and timing of components for on-time
processing of a repair job.
* Expedite procurement of outside goods and/or services to minimize
delays and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
* Create Inspection Reports and Production Reports.
* Compile and prepare Final Data Books for jobs.
* Structure Parts to Sales Orders, create and manage Production
Orders, and is responsible for shipping and closing out orders in
* Prepare purchase orders and/or work orders as required.
* Receive purchase orders in SAP and issues parts and components to
* Communicate jobs requiring quick turnaround to production areas,
ensuring accurate processing of jobs to meet due dates.
* Assist with handling the logistics for inbound and outbound
* Assist in the monitoring and updating of the shop WIP (Work In
* Responsible for month-end Dock Walk submittal to Finance
* Advise as to the appropriate procurement of raw and outsourced
* Execute the reconciliation and reporting of physical inventory
and production data.
* Perform all tasks in accordance with ClydeUnion s Business
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* The ability and willingness to learn and take on new
* The interpersonal skill to work with a variety of people for
tasks that can at times be difficult, such as finding new vendors
and dealing with demanding customers
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
* Effective time management skills with the ability to
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Associate s Degree or related coursework required
* 5+ years experience in a production control/manufacturing
* Strong computer literacy including proficiency with Microsoft
Outlook, SAP (ideally Oracle), Excel, Word, and PDF editors such as
Adobe or Nuance
Desired but not required:
* Union Pump knowledge is desirable
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our
* Think all customer, all the time
* Embrace teamwork with no borders
* Be obsessed with being the best
* Own your actions
* Ask the hard questions
* Do the right thing, always!
* Appreciate the moment
SPX Flow is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
reason prohibited by law.
Keywords: SPX Flow, Battle Creek , Production Scheduler II, Professions , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!