Financial Analyst II
Company: Graphic Packaging
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: July 8, 2019
MISSION / SUMMARY:
The Financial Analyst II is responsible for working with Operating
Managers and the Mill Controller in meeting requirements for daily
transactions, monthly closing and reporting, and analysis of
financial results with insights to trends, issues and opportunities
to support the achievement of mill performance targets. They
understand and align business operations and Finance as he/she
executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with
GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the
* Perform various month-end duties, including account
reconciliations and reports
* Obtain and support a working knowledge of invoice and purchasing
processes and procedures within SAP. Includes monitoring and
assisting mill personnel with purchasing workflows.
* Responsible for various raw material processing & tracking
* Integral member of team for physical inventory of fixed
* Responsible for maintenance & operational expense tracking and
reporting, including annual outage
* Acts as financial liaison to assigned cost center managers and
assists them with their budgets and explanations for monthly
variances to budget
* Perform assigned annual budget tasks
* Assist in Financial and SOX audits
* Perform other related duties as required
* Other duties as assigned.
The above job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities
and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* A minimum of 2-5 years demonstrated experience years in
accounting; a manufacturing environment is preferred
* SAP or other ERP experience a plus
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* A minimum of a Bachelors or Associates degree in Accounting from
an accredited four-year college or university preferred or in lieu
of degree a minimum of 10 years of compensatory closely related
work experience required.
* Ability to interpret financial results and business indicators
* Strong analytical and conceptual skills
* Self-Starter with ability to multitask and prioritize while
* Confidence and ability to interact with various people across
departmental lines to achieve goals.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* A strong command of MS Office applications, especially in
* General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee
must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may
include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual
while doing so.
* Occasional travel with extended periods to include flying,
driving, riding or by rail.
* Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to
* Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices
* Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
* Integrity & Trust
* Action Oriented
* Functional/Technical Skills
* Problem Solving
* Drive for Results
* Decision Quality
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box
you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in
North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to
be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the
communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd
love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference
We offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best
in the industry. With competitive base salaries, 401(k) plans and
benefits offerings, we strive to reward talented people who make
our company successful.
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, LLC is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All candidates will be evaluated based on their
qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our
employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color,
sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation,
citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran
status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal
law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging, Battle Creek , Financial Analyst II, Professions , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!