Electrical Engineer-Building Systems
Company: Job Juncture
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: October 31, 2018
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer with strong technical and management capabilities to support and advance the Building Electrical engineering practice. The Building Electrical team is responsible for all building electrical systems including lighting, fire protection and low voltage. You will have technical responsibility for scoping, performing, and delivering multiple concurrent project assignments. Your specific responsibilities will include:?
- Designing electrical systems for building power; i.e. normal, emergency, and standby power distribution systems for 208v, 480v, and medium voltage for industrial facilities.
- Documenting all necessary calculations for the design such as short circuit, selective coordination, arc flash, generator sizing, steady state and transient voltage drops, load calculations, conductor sizing, raceway fills, etc.
- Designing lighting for food processing spaces, including lighting calculations for emergency and inspection lighting level needs. Coordinating fixture placement/mounting with other trades.
- Designing fire alarm systems per NFPA 72, 101, and local building code.
- Designing low voltage systems such as LAN, phones, PA, Wi-Fi, access control, cameras, etc.
- Producing bid documents consisting of layout drawings, one-line, riser, schedules, details, and specifications.
- Procuring long lead light fixtures and power distribution equipment such as switchgear, switchboards, panelboards, transformers, MCC’s, generators, variable speed drives, and UPS’s.
- Managing electrical bid process for clients, observing construction, and assisting with startup.
- Project planning and feasibility studies.
- Actively participating in and supporting department-wide standard development, updates and maintenance. You will also be responsible for selecting, developing, managing, and overseeing the work product of an electrical staff with all levels of experience.Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required.The ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel are also required. Candidates should expect overnight travel not less than 25% of the year.
World-Class Design/Construction firm offreing:401k,Profit Sharing,Bonus,and Excellent Salary wants a Permanent Hire.BSEE and wilingness to Travel to 50% per tear.Per Diesm Paid.Do not submit Home Builders or candidates without a BSEE.Premanent work.No Job Hoppers.Requirements:BSEE Minimu 7 yrs with Industrial Plant Electrcial experience and/or Commercial.Design Electrcial systems for 208v and 480v,and Medium Voltage systems.Fir Alarm,Lighing,low voltage for LAN,PA,Wi-Fi,Cameras,Phone.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Battle Creek , Electrical Engineer-Building Systems, Professions , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!