Company: Summit Pointe
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: November 19, 2022
ACCESS TECHNICIAN (Full-Time)
Summit Pointe provides the highest quality behavioral health
services to help individuals maximize their potential. Our highest
priority is caring for the customers we serve, their families and
their advocates. We take pride in being the community mental health
services program for Calhoun County and a vital resource to all we
The Access Technician will work in conjunction with other access
center program staff to provide both routine screening and crisis
stabilization services for customers seeking access to behavioral
healthcare services at the Summit Pointe Psychiatric Urgent Care
- Provides screening and assessment services including brief
assessment, screening for risk, and referrals to community service
- Respond in coordination with community programs such as
assisting law enforcement and/or community members experiencing a
mental health crisis or seeking access to behavioral health
- Completes pre-screen assessments for individuals presenting for
inpatient placement; establishes placement for individuals
requiring hospitalization and completes eligibility screens for
determination of appropriate level of care support
- Completes alternative orders, conducts psychosocial
assessments, treatment planning, and the facilitation of group
therapy for individuals recently diverted or discharged out of
psychiatric placement or as part of customer diversion
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, or other Mental
Health related field.
- One or more years of experience in behavioral health care
setting or one or more semesters within a structured practicum in
the field of behavioral health.
- Knowledge of psychotherapy, counseling, research methods, and
judicial systems preferred.
- Experience with or knowledge of Evidence Based Practice such as
Motivational Interviewing or SBIRT
- Must support a trauma informed culture of safety to aid
customers in their recovery process.
- Part-time, union, non-exempt position - Starting wage range:
$19.25 - $28.09 per hour
- May be required to work variable hours/shifts.
Summit Pointe pioneers Community Mental Health Services by
developing innovative ideas and community partnerships that lead to
high quality care and a healthy community. Interested,
customer-focused and qualified applicants are encouraged to
Keywords: Summit Pointe, Battle Creek , Access Technician, Professions , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!