Electrical Engineer (Mid-Level, Building systems)
Company: Dennis Group
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: September 19, 2022
About the Job
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer with strong
technical and management capabilities to support and advance our
building electrical engineering practice. The Building Electrical
Group is responsible for all building electrical systems including
lighting, fire protection and low voltage. The professional will
have technical responsibility for scoping, performing, and
delivering multiple concurrent project assignments. His/her
specific responsibilities will include:
- Designing electrical systems for building power; i.e. normal,
emergency, and standby power distribution systems for 208v, 480v,
and medium voltage for industrial facilities.
- Documenting all necessary calculations for the design such as
short circuit, selective coordination, arc flash, generator sizing,
steady state and transient voltage drops, load calculations,
conductor sizing, raceway fills, etc.
- Designing lighting for food processing spaces, including
lighting calculations for emergency and inspection lighting level
needs. Coordinating fixture placement/mounting with other
- Designing fire alarm systems per NFPA 72, 101, and local
- Designing low voltage systems such as LAN, phones, PA, Wi-Fi,
access control, cameras, etc.
- Producing bid documents consisting of layout drawings,
one-line, riser, schedules, details, and specifications.
- Procuring long lead light fixtures and power distribution
equipment such as switchgear, switchboards, panelboards,
transformers, MCC's, generators, variable speed drives, and
- Managing electrical bid process for clients, observing
construction, and assisting with startup.
- Actively participating in and supporting department-wide
standard development, updates, and maintenance.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- 3-7 years of experience required
- FE or PE tracked desirable
- The ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel are
also required. Candidates should expect overnight travel not less
than 25% to 35% of the year.
- 3-7 years of Designing electrical systems for building power,
lighting, and low voltage systems
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands
across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we've
focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your
favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store.
Simply put, food isn't one thing we do, it's all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate
with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits
including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance,
paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus,
profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
JOB CODE: 1000601
Keywords: Dennis Group, Battle Creek , Electrical Engineer (Mid-Level, Building systems), Professions , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!