Company: Post Consumer Brands
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Business Unit Overview:At Post Consumer Brands, we have more
than 125 years of experience making the breakfast cereals that
people love. And even after a century, we're still innovating. We
are driven by our mission to Make Better Happen - and we want YOU
to join our team!Brand:With names like Pebbles, Honey Bunches of
Oats, Great Grains, and Malt-O-Meal in our portfolio, we've earned
more spots in the top 50 best-selling brands than any other cereal
company. And as the third-ranked company in the cereal category,
our business is growing. That's where you come in. Our company is a
hearty mix of ambitious people who want to make great things
happen.Location Description:Post Consumer Brands in Battle Creek,
Mich., the cereal capital of the U.S., is the company's largest
manufacturing plant and home to about 600 team members. When you
join the team here, you'll be helping to produce some of the most
iconic cereal brands, including Honey Bunches of Oats cereal,
PEBBLES cereal, Grape-Nuts and Honeycomb cereal. The Battle Creek
plant is also unique as it is home to the original barn where C.W.
Post started the Postum cereal company in 1895. The Battle Creek
team has deep community roots, supporting the city's Cereal
Festival, local elementary schools, and hosting several on-site
volunteer events throughout the year.Responsibilities:The
successful candidate will work within the Battle Creek Plant
Engineering team and compliment the Post Consumer Brands
Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of
power distribution and electrical infrastructure along with working
knowledge of PLC control systems and networks. Responsibilities
include insuring safety of personnel and assets, assessing
feasibility of projects, developing project scope and
justification, designing electrical controls and infrastructure
solutions, updating and maintaining electrical standards, and
training maintenance personnel. Assigned projects will be of
varying size and scope and will be funded from both capital and
expense budgets. Developing productive cross-functional
relationships at a large manufacturing site across Operations
Engineering, Maintenance, IT, and other support groups will be a
key success factor.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Strive to insure safety of personnel. Maintain standards for
Arc Flash protection, PPE, grounding, safety circuits, hazardous
locations, and LOTO.
- Maintain programs for electrical infrastructure maintenance,
power factor management, and electrical monitoring and
- Update and maintain electrical/controls equipment and
- Insure the maintenance of electrical schematics and
- Support plant operations with technical troubleshooting
- Provide training and technical leadership for electrical
- Assist in development of scope, cost, and schedule for new
electrical installations and infrastructure improvement projects,
including capital projects.
- Maintain required project management documentation and history
- Identify and implement continuous improvement and cost
- Stay abreast of and evaluate new and emerging
- Supervise plant personnel as necessary to complete tasks.
- Other projects and special assignments as required.
- Provide after-hours support for business.Perks of Being a Team
- Positive culture sustained through committed team members who
strive for excellence
- Base salary range: $73,000 - $117,000+ depending on
- Annual performance bonus
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) plans including paid holidays
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid and electable leave programs
- 401k participation with 6% dollar-for-dollar match
- Tuition reimbursement available
- Wellness program with quarterly payoutQualifications:EDUCATION:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Demonstrated aptitude with power distribution systems up to
4800V AC including substations, switchgear, and power factor
- Experience with PLC controls, HMIs, and Networks with the
ability to effectively partner with controls engineers to problem
solve, design, and make improvements is a plus.
- 5 or more years of experience in manufacturing including
exposure to maintenance and engineering functions is desired.
- Strong skill set in reading and interpreting electrical and
control schematics, PIDs, and other technical documentation.
- An understanding of motors, drives, and associated
- Strong familiarity with various electrical machine control
- Must be self-driven and highly effective working both
independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Organized and able to multi-task.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Occasional travel is required.
Keywords: Post Consumer Brands, Battle Creek , Electrical Engineer, Professions , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!