Company: Specialty Eye Institute
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Responsible for work up of patients including documentation of
chief complaint; medical, ocular, family
and social histories; objectively performing various testing needed
for the doctor to make assessment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Completes forms including patient, family and social history.
Document chief complaint.
- Tests patient's far acuity, near acuity, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and color perception.
- Examines eye for abnormalities of cornea, and anterior and
- Examines eye for any exterior abnormalities.
- Applies drops to anesthetize, dilate, or medicate
eyes.\Measures intraocular pressure of eyes (glaucoma test).
- Tests for ocular motility.
- Tests patient's field of vision, including central and
peripheral vision, for defects, and charts test results.
- Measures axial length of eye.
- Performs other tests and measurements as requested by
Ophthalmologist including A-scans, B-scans, fundus photography,
corneal topography, HRTII, visual field, and pachymetry.
- Gives instructions to patients concerning eye care.
- Assists in LASIK surgery
- Prepares charts, filing, taking payment
- Complete center follow-up requests for patient callbacks.
- Must comply with all policies and procedures of the
organization, including but not limited to standard operating
procedures and employee handbook.
- Performs various other duties as requested
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School diploma required
- Must possess high level reasoning ability
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: COA - proof of current
certification, COT - proof of current certification, Non-certified
- completion of home study course and preparation for COA
certification within one year. Obtain COA after one year working
under an Ophthalmologist. CPR certification preferred.
- Normal medical office environment which includes exposure to
patients with common illnesses.
- Travel to other locations necessary at times.
- Work may involve a high level of stress due to doctor/patient
schedules on a given day.Physical Demands - Requires high-level
visual and auditory acuity for timely response and patient care
assessment activities. Requires the ability to move quickly in
response to physician and patient needs, to stand for long periods,
occasional overhead and low reaching and to exert force up to 50
- The work schedule varies Monday through Friday, 8 hours per
day, with up to a one-hour lunch break.
- We offer and help pay for Medical, Dental, and Short-Term
- We have an awesome Employee and Family Member Benefits!
- We offer 401(k) with Company Match.
- We provide Paid Time Off and Holiday Paid
- We are paid bi-weekly.
- We have fun company events!
- We promote a dynamic culture that emphasizes trust, honesty,
respect, and integrity, with a commitment to nurture and maximize
the talent of each and every employee. Additional Information In
accordance with HIPAA, this position must maintain the
confidentiality of the customer in all circumstances as well as
company confidentiality. Ensures the confidentiality of data
collected and stored is maintained. This description is intended to
provide basic guidelines for meeting job requirements.
Responsibilities, knowledge, skills abilities, and working
conditions may change as needs evolve. The Practice provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status
as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state
and local laws. The Practice complies with applicable state and
local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities
Keywords: Specialty Eye Institute, Battle Creek , Ophthalmic Technician, Professions , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!