Company: Magna International Inc.
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Number: 38707
Group: Cosma International
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: Battle Creek
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and
engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust
product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse
process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative
products to market.
The Material Handler is responsible for overseeing, coordinating
and managing all material control related activities in his/her
area. Production Supervisor/Materials Supervisor will support the
Material Handlers by providing guidance and tools they need in
order to be safe and productive.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, ability and essential duties required to successfully
perform this job.
* Monitoring Inventory levels (Min/Max)
* Performing Cycle counts per cycle count schedule and as needed or
* Receiving of purchased parts and materials into the ERP
* Placing material in its assigned location(s)
* Ensuring material is only placed in its assigned locations and
placed according to the area layout
* Pulling/Staging/Delivering material as required to support
* Maintain First In, First Out inventory (FIFO) on all material
* Preparing loads for shipment per direction or documentation
* Actively participating in all day-to-day activities in Materials
Department (including but not limited to: 5S, housekeeping, safety
programs, training courses, startup and other meetings as
* Must utilize bar code scanners for receiving, shipping, transfers
and cycle counting
* Meeting all safety and quality standards
* For following established procedures for loading and unloading
trailers on the shipping docks
* Load and unload incoming trailers as assigned by the Team Leader
* Maintain and accurately verify all required records and
* Maintain the equipment used to load/unload the trailers, and
report any problems to the
* Team leader or Supervisor immediately
* Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment at all
* Report to the Team Leader or Supervisor any information in
relation to the operations of the shipping docks that could be
detrimental to the company (Lack of racks/parts for shipping
requirements that are not met, etc.)
* Keep storage areas for empty racks stocked
* Exhibit a team oriented work ethic.
* Support any area that may need assistance, per Management's
* Understand and promote the Cosma Way philosophies and the Magna
* Applicable rules, rules, regulations and/or policies and
* Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, communication
(verbal & written) skills
* Mathematical Skills sufficient to balance counts, determine
square footage, percentages, etc.
* Functioning in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Power
Point, Project & Visio)
* Self-starter with the ability to formulate a project and see it
through to its conclusion
* Decision making abilities to create a win, win, win situation in
support of the three legged stool (Customer, Investor, People)
* Must be able to understand written instructions
Education, Skills and Experience
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Ability to understand and follow routine, oral and written
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
in standardized situations.
The work environment is a mixture of office and manufacturing plant
floor (10% & 90% respectively) - - The position will require
interaction with and use of manufacturing equipment, tools and
material handling equipment
The environment is high pressure and requires extreme accuracy and
attention to detail
The individual must be able to perform all essential functions as
appropriate on the plant floor, in meetings, and with team members,
leaders, customers and suppliers
Overtime as required
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the team member occupying this
position. Team members will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by their direct leader.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of
the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental
job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat
or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or
Keywords: Magna International Inc., Battle Creek , Material Handler, Professions , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!