Company: Graphic Packaging
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: March 21, 2020
MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position reports to mill operations superintendents and
supports the development and delivery of training for the Battle
Creek Michigan mill. The position is responsible for organizing and
managing the training programs for the mill. The Lead,
Production/Training actively searches, creatively designs and
implements effective methods to educate, enhance processes, achieve
cost savings and improve productivity.
This position is primarily responsible for the development and
maintenance of training plans for hourly personnel. The successful
candidate will demonstrate the ability to partner with the
appropriate stakeholders to acquire support for training plans,
develop specific training plans, and partner with the area to
deliver the training and measure its effectiveness
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the
* Develops and implements training for the Battle Creek Mill,
including administrative functions, system applications,
interpersonal development, and technical training.
* Facilitates training courses.
* Conducts annual and quarterly training and development needs
* Responsible for analyzing training needs, developing curriculum
and delivering courses for the location, division, and
* Develops and maintains mill wide training database in Convergence
learning management system.
* Improves training in all job classifications by incorporating and
updating processes and procedures to drive departmental training
involvement and ownership results.
* Evaluates the effectiveness of training and individual employee
growth by coaching, mentoring, and promoting Graphic Packaging
International Core Values.
* Establish/monitor training goals and objectives.
* Maintains facility compliance bulletin boards.
* Maintains/updates culture communications (electronic and
* Assures training programs are maintained current by incorporating
new information, plant design changes, plant procedural changes and
revisions, and new regulations into training content.
* Collaborates with subject matter experts, supervisors and
managers to develop specific training to meet the needs identified
by audit or other means.
* Maintains compliance with annual HR training.
* Coordinates training schedules and evaluates external training
* Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate
and measure results.
* Partners with the HR Manager to address training gaps and
identify training opportunities as well as other GPI
* Responsible for timely development of training metrics for
measurement of training, and records.
* Works effectively as a team member with other members of
management and the HR Staff.
* Health/Safety/Security representative for rotating weekend duty
Other duties as assigned
* Effective interpersonal, conceptual and analytical skills
* Strong oral, written, communication, facilitation, and
* Experience with SAP or other HRIS
* Ability to assess training /educational needs and develop plan to
* Ability and confidence and to interact with various people across
departmental lines to achieve goals.
* Self-starter with ability to multitask and prioritize while
* General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee
must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may
include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual
while doing so.
* Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or
* Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to
* Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
* Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
* Integrity & Trust
* Action Oriented
* Time Management
* Presentation Skills
* Written Communications
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box
you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in
North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to
be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the
communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd
love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates
will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job
in question. We do not base our employment decision on an
employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic
information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis
prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the
EEO is the Law Poster.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging, Battle Creek , Lead, Production, Professions , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!