Advanced Safety Specialist
Company: Denso North America
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: August 9, 2019
About DENSODENSO is one of the largest global automotive suppliers
of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of
thermal, powertrain control, electronics and information and
safety. From automated driving to hybrid and electric vehicle
components, we're crafting the core technologies of modern
mobility. We draw on the strengths of individual inventors who are
joining together to become an unstoppable force for global good.
With our North American headquarters located in Michigan, DENSO
employs more than 24,000 people at 28 consolidated subsidiaries and
4 affiliates across the North American region. Worldwide, the
company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 38
countries and regions and employs more than 170,000 people.
Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31,
2018, totaled US$48.1 billion. Job Summary: Provides technical
support, leadership and guidancedeveloping and implementing;
policies, procedures and programs to achieve goalsrelated to plant
safety, health and environment regulatory compliance andcorporate
objectives. Primary focus issafety and health but supports
environmental technical actions as directed. Essential Functions:
- Provides technical guidance and solutions to support
- Assists providing technical solutions to safety health and
environmental activities through the application of regulatory,
industry and DENSO standards.
- Conducts and supports ergonomic assessments and improvement
- Conducts industrial hygiene assessments, sampling and exposure
assessments to ensure compliance with standards.
- Conducts risk assessments of task and machinery.
- Supports and conducts machinery design, planning and inspection
to ensure compliance to standards.
- Supports activities between the site medical staff on issues
such as occupational medical referrals, return to work/fitness for
duty physical exams, drug testing protocols, program scheduling and
other related issues.
- Performs administrative duties related to worker's
compensation, such as communicating with medical providers,
communicating and strategizing with corporate legal counsel,
insurance carriers and appropriate Chain-of-Command, and
interacting with affected associates.
- Conducts incident investigation and supports documents
development for accuracy and completeness.
- Supports on-site security services through contract service
- Fosters high morale and teamwork in the Safety, Health, and
Environment Departments by supporting the activities of team
members through daily interaction and one-on-one contact.
- Maintains an appropriate level of conventionality and
conformance in regard to the corporate culture as expressed in
company policy and procedures. Relates well with others, including
as appropriate, peers, supervisor, customers and suppliers.
Maintains good attendance and assumes appropriate role(s) when
working in a team environment. Responds appropriately to unexpected
and/or continuing situations which develop in the work
- Works with officials at the federal, state, and local levels to
ensure Safety, Health and Environmental compliance.
- Trains and mentors other associates on Company policies and
procedures and necessary Safety, Health and Environmental
- Prepares reports, compliance documents and attends meetings as
- May perform other duties or tasks as assigned.
- May serve as mentor in order to improve the Department's
qualityof work, provide technical training, as well as expand the
skill base for theDepartment.
- Usually works with more discretion than the Specialist and
SeniorSpecialist levels. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental
policies, procedures, and terms, including knowledge of legal
issues and terminology related to Safety, Health and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good
- Ability to coordinate and monitor a high level of activity as
demonstrated under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Ability to comprehend complex instructions and respond
effectively and perform basic arithmetic accurately and
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including being
on-call 24 hours per day.
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions and
tolerate adverse conditions caused by heat, cold, noise, wetness,
- Ability to rapidly coordinate eyes, hands, and fingers and
accurately handle precise movements.
- Ability to coordinate the eyes and both hands and feet in
response to visual stimuli.
- Knowledge of appropriate office software applications.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong team skills. Minimum Requirements:
- Requires a science based Bachelor's degree OccupationalHealth
and Safety, Safety Engineering, Health and Human Services,
EnvironmentalScience or related degree.
- 5 years relevant experience
- 8 years relevant work experience maybe considered in lieu ofa
science based bachelor's degree.
Keywords: Denso North America, Battle Creek , Advanced Safety Specialist, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!