Cyber Transport Specialist
Company: Cape Fox Federal Integrators
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: August 8, 2019
Cape Fox Federal Integrators is accepting applications
for a Cyber Transport Specialist to provide full time
services to our USAF/ANG,
The CTS is a subject matter expert and will serve as a
communications technician supporting 24/7
operations of critical real-time USAF/ANG mission
operations. The CTS will leverage a solid
understanding of network technologies, protocols, and
standards required to integrate and sustain airborne
and terrestrial information transport systems. The CTS
shall also focus on sustainment of the network and
telecommunication infrastructure, distribution media,
cryptographic equipment and associated devices.
The CTS will employ skills required to identify, recon,
and exploit vulnerabilities within a network
environment to achieve desired effects. Support from
both SMEs include but is not limited to the
communications and network systems architecture, video
distribution and long-haul communications
system, and enhancement support for the RPA-SOC
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
* Analyze, monitor, and test communications systems
and equipment configurations.
* Develop configuration changes and modifications to
enhance reliability, maintainability, and
* Manage, design, engineer, develop, and implement
inter- and intra-network / communications
* systems for customer mission execution.
* Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to
include preventive maintenance.
* Develop policies and procedures for effective system
troubleshooting, repair, and priority restoral to
* Interface with local and distant-end agencies for
long-haul communication link monitoring,
* repair, analysis, and troubleshooting.
* Develop policies and procedures for local and
distant-end technicians/customers to implement for
* enterprise-level troubleshooting.
* Apply system analysis techniques and procedures for
proactive communications link and network
* problem resolution.
* Develop reports, complete requests for new service,
determine methodology for installing
* communications services and equipment, assess
requirements for configuration changes or
modifications to switches, trunks, links, and
circuits and implement developed modifications to
* increase system efficiency, maintainability and
* Modify systems configurations for optimal system
* Develop and maintain system documentation for
configuration control and life cycle
* Develop detailed system diagrams, end-to-end
drawings, and rack elevations depicting overall
* system flow and interconnectivity.
* Routinely test end-to-end communications
architecture, analyzing error rates and/or other
* deficiencies in order to develop and implement
* Install, troubleshoot, calibrate, repair, maintain,
and manage telecommunications and networking
* Design, repair and/or fabricate cabling or other
communication link medium for system
* Operate a variety of specialized test equipment
such as spectrum analyzers, time domain
* reflectometers (TDRs), power meters, frequency
counters, network analyzers and RF generators.
* Shift work is required.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Sit or Stand throughout a regular work day.
Ability to work on computer for long periods.
Special Job Facts
Ability to work under deadline pressure, handle
stress and deliver professional results.
Long hours and weekends may be required to meet
* Work Environment: Work area will be free from
debris, dust, liquid spillage, and food particles.
Maintains all work spaces and
in a clean and organized manner.
* An active TS clearance with eligibility for TS/SCI
* Security+ certification is required.
* CCNA/CCNP or VCP5/VCP6 or MCSA/MCSE certification is
* Experience with Networks, Long-haul Communications
and/or Systems Administration is
* Advanced knowledge in how critical Full Motion Video
(FMV) systems (encoders and hardware)
* generate and deliver data through existing
Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), Multi-service
* Provider Platform (MSPP), Router, and other Optical
Carrier (OC) based networks is desired.
* Five years experience administering infrastructure
support to mainframe and or client server systems
and/or DOD systems is required.
* 5 years experience on any one or more of these
systems; SAN Storage, Server Blade, SQL,
* SharePoint, C2ISR video data, network performance
software, or ATM equipment configuration and ATM
network troubleshooting is required.
* Operational aircrew experience is desired.
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates
provide equal employment opportunities to all persons
and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race,
religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age,
disability, political affiliation, protected veteran
status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox
Corporation shareholders, descendants and other Native
Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.
Keywords: Cape Fox Federal Integrators, Battle Creek , Cyber Transport Specialist, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!