Press Set Up Tech 2nd Shift
Company: Flex-N-Gate Corporation
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components
for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top
North American Suppliers in "Automotive News." A growing and vital
company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working
and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Press Set Up Tech will be responsible for assisting area Supervisor
with day-to-day operations of department/ assigned work area to
ensure Customer requirements are met while ensuring procedures are
followed to provide a safe and efficient working environment
- Qualified to fill in for any employee in their work areas for
breaks or full shift if necessary
- Assist in die changes in the shortest possible time.
- Pre-stage dies according to the production schedule or specific
- Check that the supply of steel coils to stamping presses are
released by Quality-Receipt
- Loading/Unloading/Pre-staging coils, always verifying that they
are in the right position so that there are no accidents and arrive
in good condition.
- Give support to the stamping area when required.
- Ensure that the dies have a die lifting bolts in a 100% good
- Fill out correctly the report of failures of equipment and
- Assist in perform cleaning and inspection of Bolster and die at
each change of production. (Excess grease, inspection of
- Check that the dies supplied to the line do not have any loose
objects such as blocks, screws etc.
- Report if there is lack of material for stamping.
- Follow checklist of Crane at the beginning of the shift and
report to the leader and supervisor on duty.
- Unload steel trucks
- Engage in continuous improvement activities
- Operate lift trucks.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a fast paced manufacturing
- Prefer previous transfer press experience
- Will be required to be able to proficiently operate all of the
- Previous forklift experience
- Prefer previous overhead crane operation experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Able to obtain forklift and crane license
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability
insurance; and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous
learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and vacation timeWhat do our employees have to
say?"It engages you professionally, and provides learning
opportunities.""Lots of growth opportunity.""The company's young
enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable."Not just a
job-a great place to work!Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Flex-N-Gate Corporation, Battle Creek , Press Set Up Tech 2nd Shift, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!