Front Desk Attendant
Company: Courtyard by Marriott Battle Creek
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: November 26, 2022
_*Do you have previous customer service or hospitality
experience? We would like to speak with you! Submit your resume
today to be considered for this opportunity! We are looking for all
shifts! Courtyard in Marriott Battle Creek is looking for
Experienced Front Desk staff to join our dedicated team.*_
Providing a lasting first impression filled with the highest
quality of hospitality service. Beginning with guest reservations
and to continue through the checkout process, it is every
employee's duty and passion to see that all guest needs will be
handled in an efficient, gracious and professional manor.
High school diploma or General Education Certificate is required.
Additional studies in hospitality are encouraged.
*Knowledge, Skills and Ability*
* Must have the ability to speak, understand, read and write the
* Must be able to multi-task effectively in a busy office and
* Must have the ability to apply appropriate resolution to
* Must read and understand the Employee Handbook.
* Must be able to follow policy and perform to enhance
professionalism in appearance and behavior.
* Must be able to compute basic mathematical calculations including
addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
* Must be able to perform basic computer skills (including Excel,
Word, and E-Mail).
*Duties and Responsibilities*
* Know and live the mission and values of the hotel brand and
* Directly responsible for guest satisfaction scores from Arrival
Experience through Departure Experience.
* Maintain a friendly and helpful demeanor at all times. Greet
every customer with a smile at 10 feet and a verbal greeting at 5
* Night Auditors are to complete all Front Desk Clerk functions, in
addition to accurately recording all revenue and statistics,
completing daily and Housekeeping reports and segmenting room and
house reports to proper markets.
* Effectively operate the hotel computer system or property
* Possess working knowledge of hotel reservation and cancellation
* Know guest loyalty program. Recruit new guests for program.
Execute benefits per brand standards for existing members.
* Know frequent guests by name and their preferences.
* Ensure all reservations have full and accurate guest contact
* Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, services, room
locations, room rates, amenities, and hotel surroundings (i.e.
mall, restaurants, and medical facilities).
* Understand Service Recovery Program and execute to standards.
* Know how to work and trouble shoot all IT in Meeting Room(s)
* Monitor room availability, selling strategies, discounts and
frequent guest program benefits.
* Open and close shift correctly. Make cash drops in accordance
with proper cash handling procedures to ensure rotating banks stay
at predetermined amount.
* Count bank at beginning and end of shift. Report all cash
over/shorts to management. Comply with hotel and department
* Understand and consistently follow all cash handling procedures
including the hotel credit and check cashing procedures.
* Ensure all credit cards and cash funds are balanced throughout
* Audit guest accounts to ensure that room rate and coding is
correct and consistent.
* Audit house accounts. Audit group accounts to ensure that
postings these accounts are in accordance with sales contracts.
* Execute group reservations, manage blocks and cut off dates.
* Post room and tax to all active guest accounts.
* Run all computer reports to complete gross revenue report
* Input revenue report figures. Complete the gross revenue report
worksheets in a timely manner.
* Offer and properly handle requests for wake-up calls and "do not
* Provide the highest quality of customer service to the guest at
* Represent efficiency and friendliness in a manner that leaves a
* Use the guest's name at least twice.
* Assists in Laundry and Housekeeping during down times and/or as
* Maintain lobby restrooms, complimentary coffee stations (if
applicable) and assist with breakfast set-up as required.
* Maintain front porte-cochere by picking up trash, shoveling snow,
melting ice, etc.
* Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe
for guests and fellow employees. Use wet floor signs, as required.
Report any injuries or unsafe conditions to management.
* Handle guest mail, messages and safe deposit boxes as outlined in
* Answer the telephone within three rings with a smile and approved
* Complete the shift work Checklist as assigned.
* Complete Person-In-Charge Responsibilities
* Know and be able to execute Emergency Procedures.
* Must successfully complete education related to assigned duties
* Other duties as assigned.
Public, business atmosphere, located near building entrance in
which temperatures may vary within reason of indoor climates.
Lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs. may occur and with assistance,
moving up to 50 lbs.Must be able to sit and stand for long periods
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $13.50 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Courtyard by Marriott Battle Creek, Battle Creek , Front Desk Attendant, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!