Adaptive Designer - Packaging Specialist
Company: Matthews International
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: November 23, 2022
SGK is a global packaging and brand experience company. From
idea to implementation, we deliver packaging solutions and brand
experiences that give brands the freedom to speak louder, scale
faster and grow stronger. We simplify marketing and amplify brands
to deliver value. SGK is a Matthews International company.
We are seeking an Adaptive Designer to help support our packaging
design work across multiple CPG clients. This is a remote role but
the ideal candidate lives in the Detroit/Michigan/Chicago area so
they can occasionally meet with the client/team. This role will be
responsible for translating branding and design concepts into
pre-press production-ready, digital mechanical art. This position
works closely with the design and account teams to build
high-quality digital mechanical files, following existing brand
standards and internal workflow protocol. The Adaptive Designer
supports the design team with technical problem-solving in the
development of design elements and layouts, while ensuring
deliverables are completed in an efficient manner, on time and on
* Ensures accurate, consistent, and timely completion of basic to
intermediate level client design deliverables within budget,
meeting client expectations, objectives, and creative brief
* Supports the design team with technical problem-solving in the
development of design elements and layouts.
* Creates strong and effective internal partnerships across the
* Can manage work independently and can be self-guided, when
* Appreciates collaboration and constructive feedback from Creative
* Works with project management to track time to projects
accurately and in a timely manner
* Meets quality standards consistently and never misses a deadline
for all assigned deliverables
* Supports profitability efforts by focusing on the efficient,
accurate, and timely completion of the assigned creative design
* Attends client meetings and can present work, as necessary.
* Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Arts, Graphic Design, Advertising,
Marketing or related field.
* 3-5 years of professional experience, excluding internships.
Previous experience with packaging production art required.
* Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or
internationally may be required.
* Basic understanding of effective Creative Design practices,
trends, techniques, tools and processes, across various touchpoints
(e.g. packaging, in store, online, mobile, print, direct, etc.)
* High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook, Adobe
Creative Suite, Acrobat & Internet applications
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with
peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal
and external clients
* Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a
fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
* Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to
perform the essential functions.
At Matthews International, what makes us different is what makes us
great. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All
employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to
employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic
information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law.? Equal Opportunity Employer
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and
application process accessible to all users and applicants. In
doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations
to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and
require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the
application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource
Nearest Major Market: Battle Creek
Nearest Secondary Market: Kalamazoo
Apply now "
Keywords: Matthews International, Battle Creek , Adaptive Designer - Packaging Specialist, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!