Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: November 18, 2022
- Under the direction of the Lead Weld Engineer, this position
will support laser welding, GMAW and project welding processes in
the Plant. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process monitoring and data recording
- Fixture adjustments required to meet product dimensional
- Weld program changes as required to maintain acceptable level
up of weld performance
- Interact with other engineering support and maintenance to
react to unscheduled equipment issues (i.e., breakdowns) and
perform necessary diagnostics and repairs.
- Reaction to discovery from C.C.T. lab results and quality
department audits of process capability deviations.
- Support of non-automated repair processes (i.e., off-line weld
- Project/Development work as assigned
- PM completion as assigned.
- Complete all required and applicable training required by
Adient and its customers. Education / Experience / Skills
- ASWE/WET preferred but will consider definitive experience with
automated welding processes. BSWE/WET will be considered if
experience level is less. Qualifications
- Experience in a High Volume Automotive Manufacturing
environment is a must.
- Equipment troubleshooting, weld fixture adjustments and weld
programming are daily activities. Must be able to use simple hand
- Need basic understanding of 2D dimensional product prints.
Basic understanding of GD&T is preferred
- Basic computer skills
- The ability to be able to distinguish between a good a bad weld
visually COMPANY INFORMATION:Adient is a global leader in
automotive seating. With approximately 75,000 employees in 33
countries, Adient operates 208 manufacturing/assembly plants
worldwide. We produce and deliver automotive seating for all major
OEMs. From complete seating systems to individual components, our
expertise spans every step of the automotive seat-making process.
Our integrated, in-house skills allow us to take our products from
research and design to engineering and manufacturing - and into
more than 20 million vehicles every year.
Keywords: Adient, Battle Creek , Weld Tech, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!