Groundskeeper - Hiring now! - in Kalamazoo, MI
Company: Edward Rose & Sons
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Limited time only $750 Sign-On/Retention Bonus We offer our
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home Bonus offered for limited time and
only for Carpenter, Grounds, Make Ready and Maintenance Technician
roles. Must be Hired prior to December 31, 2022 to qualify. First
$250 awarded after successfully completing 90 days of employment;
$500 awarded after 6-months of satisfactory employment.
Compensation: Starting at $14.70 per hour or higher, based on
experience. Are you a responsible person who enjoys working
outdoors? Are you a motivated self-starter, who takes pride in the
work you do? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then
we have an excellent opportunity for you! Gull Prairie/Gull Run
Apartments is currently seeking a Grounds Technician who has a keen
eye for detail, a proactive attitude and takes pride in their
accomplishments. Grounds Technicians are responsible for the
general upkeep and cleanliness of a section of the apartment
community, including parking lots, grounds surrounding the
buildings, corridors, stairwells, laundry rooms, and mechanical
rooms, if applicable. Other Responsibilities Include (but not
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company
representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Collecting and removing trash as needed.
- Weeding of beds using appropriate tools.
- Monitoring the irrigation system to ensure all grass areas are
- Repairing or replacing sprinkler heads and lines as
- Reporting any unhealthy lawn, trees, shrubs, and plants to
- Edging around trees and landscape borders to maintain a neat
- Raking grounds and blowing or sweeping sidewalks, and parking
lots, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor. Requirements,
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with
residents and co-workers.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds above shoulder
- Ability to push or pull up to 80 pounds variable
- Ability to complete daily duties in a timely and accurate
- Ability to access all areas necessary to perform job duties,
such as climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing,
squatting, twisting, and bending for long periods of time.
- Ability to shovel snow and/or clear ice from walks, driveways,
or parking lots and spread salt in those areas during snow
- Ability to work outdoors in temperatures above 90 degrees or
below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Seeking a responsible individual who enjoys working
- Experience in irrigation is a plus!
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful
circumstances, such as last-minute deadlines or other difficult
- Must adhere to company team apparel policy.
- Must possess a dependable means of transportation and valid
driver's license. Employees are required to be honest and
trustworthy with a satisfactory background and driving record check
to be performed on all applicants being seriously considered. We
are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek
diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and
advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national
origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Edward Rose & Sons, Battle Creek , Groundskeeper - Hiring now! - in Kalamazoo, MI, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!