Scale Operator / General Labor
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Job DescriptionOur dedicated equipment operators and general
labor are a critical piece of our business and enjoy the challenge
to achieve and exceed our production goals. Their commitment to be
the best they can be, focus on safety, attention to detail and
quality have gotten us where we are today. We are looking for
someone who is interested in more than just operating a piece of
machinery but rather looking for ways to learn, grow and improve
each day. Be part of our sustainable team that makes it all
possible! Position Summary: The scale house operator serves as the
point of contact for customers in completing transactions. Will
purchase incoming metals, record weights.
- Weigh and record trucks in and out, using computer or other
- Interact with customers regarding the purchase of their
- Weigh and inspect all incoming non-ferrous customer scrap.
- Identify and sort materials, removing and/or upgrading when
- Input and record transaction data in computer system.
- Operate hi-lo, loader and/or manual processing equipment as
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly
condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Inventory and ship material as needed.Manage assigned yard or
plant area for cleanliness, safety and organized work flow. Other
duties may be assigned as needed. Follow all set safety practices,
Company "P's and Q's", honesty and accountability
- Complete daily preventative maintenance sheets for assigned
- Keep assigned yard area clean and organized, daily.
- Maintain quality of material flowing in/out of assigned area
(no pallets, boxes, garbage, etc.)
- Assist in loading/unloading inbound or outbound trucks, as
- Assist at the Scale clearing/gathering carts, unloading
- Change out full cages of material at Scale, as needed
- Load/unload any outgoing roll off containers, as needed
- Load/unload all boxes or pallets of cast, labor and smelt
- Load or pack shred or smelt cans
- Other duties as assigned within the yard, as neededKnowledge –
Skills – Abilities
- Customer service experience needed
- Previous metal scrap yard experience is useful
- Basic knowledge of various metals is useful
- Basic organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written
- Basic reading, writing and math skills needed
- Previous rolling stock operator experience helpful
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- Requires daily use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)Be a
part of the green movement and join GLRA today, a PADNOS sister
company!We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, weight, height, sex, sexual orientation,
marital status, national origin, age, genetic medical information,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: GLRA, Battle Creek , Scale Operator / General Labor, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!