Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company,
providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients
across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer,
healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water
you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the
biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply
are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is
accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food,
environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in
agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent
market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for
genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced
material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in
Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than
900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more
than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000
analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition,
authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological
substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical
diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging
players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 4.56 billion,
and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the
past 20 years.
Perform duties in support of the microbiology department that
include but are not limited to: glassware washing, autoclave
operation, supply stocking and inventory, routine cleaning and
maintenance of applicable areas and equipment.
- Supports the laboratory by performing routine glassware washing
and learning the appropriate handling of broken glass
- Autoclave operation
- Performs routine cleaning and quality checks for equipment
- Performs routine cleaning of work areas
- Maintains inventory levels and helps to stock supplies
- Learns how to document work and maintain laboratory
- Learns to plan for assigned workload on a daily basis and
effectively schedule multiple assignments
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment
- Picking up samples from client sites
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- May work with potentially hazardous substances.
- Work requires use of PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Work requires some standing and sitting for long periods of
- Work requires lifting of weights of up to 40 lbs.
- Work requires a driver's license
- Overtime, weekend and holiday work as required.
- May include second shift work.
- Will be exposed to potential food allergens
The Ideal Candidate would posses:
- Interest in microbiology
- Experience taking initiative
- Attention to details
- Experience working in a team
- Proficiency with excel, word, and outlook
Basic Minimum Requirement:
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without
restriction or sponsorship
Position is part-time, various days and hours. Candidates
currently living within a commutable distance of Columbia MO are
encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.