IZEA Worldwide, Inc. ("IZEA") is a marketing technology company
providing software and professional services that enable brands to
collaborate and transact with the full spectrum of today's top
social influencers and content creators.
The company serves as a champion for the growing Creator
Economy, enabling individuals to monetize their content,
creativity, and influence. IZEA launched the industry's first-ever
influencer marketing platform in 2006 and has since facilitated
nearly 4 million transactions between online buyers and
Leading brands and agencies partner with IZEA to increase
digital engagement, diversify brand voice, scale content
production, and drive highly measurable return on investment.
We're looking for a highly motivated individual to join our
Legal team in a remote-first setting as Associate Counsel. This
position requires strong organizational and time management skills,
commercial contract negotiation and management experience, and an
unmatchable work ethic.
IZEA's workforce is currently 100% remote and the ideal
candidate thrives with the freedom and flexibility this structure
Due to this being a work-from-home opportunity it is posted in
multiple locations; however, there is currently only one
As Associate Counsel, you will report to the SVP, General
Counsel & Corporate Secretary, and you will be responsible for the
- Participate in the contract life cycle, from providing counsel
pre-contracting to drafting agreements and conducting contract
- Identify contract concerns and determine course of action to
resolve any issues, including partnering with senior management,
Finance, Engineering, or the relevant business unit.
- Research and prepare employee-facing guidance on novel topics
of marketing and advertising law, among other areas.
- Lead meetings and calls with internal business units, and
conduct employee training for compliance throughout the year.
- Spearhead projects where you use your independent judgment to
make significant decisions and recommendations on matters of
significance, with relative autonomy.
- Expertly explain to business teams any legal terms, theorems,
and best practices as they pertain to negotiating and drafting
- Update contract templates for compliance and readability.
- Maintain and update IZEA's domestic and foreign trademark
portfolio, and work with outside counsel to search marks and
prepare applications to the USPTO.
- Participate in the publishing and enforcing of company
policies, including the Employee Handbook.
- Assists in the drafting and negotiation of NDAs, services
agreements, software agreements, third-party contractor/creator
deal memos, sweepstakes/contest rules, intercompany agreements,
routine forms, and other legal documents for the US company and its
What We're Looking For:
- Experience working with third-party commercial contracts (not
real estate contracts)
- Significant experience in drafting, analyzing, amending, and
negotiating commercial contracts
- Superb organizational strength, detail-oriented, capability to
manage a large workload and juggle many competing priorities in a
team-based environment while consistently meeting deadlines
- High energy and enthusiasm, self-motivated, able to work
independently but wise enough to know when to ask for guidance
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a rapidly changing
environment and working with various personality types in a
- Ability to identify and analyze key issues and react promptly
- Knowledge of key points in marketing, promotions, social media,
and SaaS transactions, and the expertise to explain key contract
provisions such as indemnification, jurisdiction, and
- A meticulous worker who abhors typos and only submits the best
work product possible.
- Proficient in Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Excel, and comfortable
with Mac computer systems
Education/Certification and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate
- Bar license in any U.S. state, but Florida is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant legal experience, preferably
- Experience in corporate/commercial law preferred.
Why would you want to work at IZEA?
The act of hiring is not simply to up the headcount or to fill a
seat quickly. When we hire at IZEA, it's to add to our strong
existing roster of talent and choose the right individual to
impact, collaborate, commit, inspire, and grow alongside our
IZEA has been ranked a 'Top Place to Work' by the Orlando
Sentinel for the past 4 years and has been recognized as a Deloitte
"Fast 500" honoree for the past 2 years. We take great pride in
creating a positive work environment for all our employees - from
our investment in team member ongoing education to the ability to
influence real change across our business - we are dedicated to
your long-term growth and success.
At IZEA, you have an opportunity to make an impact on a global
scale. IZEA connects leading brands with a network of over 850,000
opt-in creators ranging from YouTube stars to mommy bloggers and
everyone in-between. We are the pioneers fueling the
democratization of information, entertainment, marketing, and
commerce. Our platforms fuel the burgeoning Creator Economy, filled
with the next generation of artists, poets, filmmakers,
photographers, thought leaders, comics, actors, and musicians. What
you do here will impact hundreds of thousands of people directly
and influence the actions of millions more.
We provide an open, flexible workplace that welcomes people from
diverse backgrounds and viewpoints. IZEA places value on action and
results. We seek individuals that thrive in a challenging and
fast-evolving work environment. While the company is over 14 years
old, our executives remain active player-coaches -- they roll up
their sleeves and get their hands dirty by working side-by-side
with our team members across all levels of seniority to accomplish
our common goals.
IZEA is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the
different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team
members brings to our company. If you are the very best at what you
do and seeking an opportunity to attack the "never been done
before" with a passionate team of dreamers and doers, we encourage
you to apply.
California residents, please follow this link to view the types
of information we may gather from California residents who are
applicants, employees, or contractors of IZEA, and how we use such