IT Specialist (APPSW/OS)
Company: Department of Defense
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: June 9, 2021
See below for important information regarding this job.
Learn more about this agency
- Please note, during the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Agency is
operating in a maximum telework posture for all telework ready
employees occupying a telework eligible position.
- Serves as member of a project team and/or performs program area
- Responsible for a variety of product development assignments to
include but not limited to requirements definitions, applications
design and development, testing, implementation and problem
- Prepares/reviews sizing estimates and evaluates in terms of
effect on system integrity, overall compatibility feasibility, and
- Works with End-user representative and functional analysts to
define as well as to understand the customer's needs.
- Provides advice on the impacts, risks and risk mitigation of
software development decision, plans, designs and
- Prepares requirements, test plans and test data, develops a
portion of the overall training plans.
- Ensures software transitions and software development is in
compliance with established standards, procedures, policies,
regulations, and guidelines.
- Individuals will ensure that execution of DLA mandated
cybersecurity internal controls, SOPs, Job Aids, and other
auditable duties are performed, documented, and reported to the
- (cont.) degree that allows DLA to maintain proper
accountability and prevents audit findings for Cyber Security and
Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Responsibilities to include managing Risk Management Framework
with response to control families, risk assessments and Plan Of
Action and Milestones (POA and M)
- Continuous monitoring of Cyber/RMF controls will be executed
based on the periodicity of the control.
- Maintain updates for CyberSwat for the program.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Tour of Duty: Full-Time / Set Schedule
- Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable
suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be
applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must
be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Bargaining Unit Status: Yes
- This position requires an Acquisition, Technology and Logistics
Level II certification in the Information Technology Career Field
within 36 months, unless a Position Requirements Waiver is approved
- One vacancy will be filled in the Commercial And Government
Entity Program for J62ACHB org code - but additional vacancies may
be filled from the same certificate in any J6 area for up to 6
months from the closing date of this announcement.
To qualify for an IT Specialist (APPSW/OS), your resume and
supporting documentation must include:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that
equipped you with the particular competencies to successfully
perform the duties of the position, and is directly in or related
to this position. To qualify at the GS-12 level, applicants must
possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11
level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service,
military or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility
requirements including time-in-grade (General Schedule (GS)
positions only), time-after-competitive appointment, minimum
qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the
cut-off/closing date of the announcement. Creditable specialized
- Establish requirements for end-to-end testing of system/system
changes. Performs end-to-end testing. Analyzes results of completed
tests. Works w/team lead or functional manager to isolate/identify
- Provides written documentation of identified
problems/resolutions. Follows established configuration control
procedures to support testing/implementation of
- Creates and updates internal controls, SOPs, Job Aids, and
other auditable documentation
- Monitors audit controls for Cyber Security and Risk Management
Framework (RMF) with response to control families, risk assessments
and Plan Of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Manage program's Information System Contingency Plan (ISCP) in
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience
demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and
conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is,
any individuals who use or receive the services or products that
your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals
who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside
the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or
assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations;
knows about available products and services; is committed to
providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas
or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account
the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical,
sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral
presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and
relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and
evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace
Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and
skills and can provide valuable training and experience that
translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for
all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized
experience for this grade level.
Keywords: Department of Defense, Battle Creek , IT Specialist (APPSW/OS), Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!