Company: Alta Equipment Group Inc.
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Come work for the largest equipment dealer in the Midwest! Are
you a hardworking individual that thrives in a fast-paced
environment and looking to take your career to the next level? If
so, then come join our award winning team!
We provide our employees with the following tools and resources
to be successful:
- Outstanding benefits package (BCBS PPO, Delta Dental and EyeMed
Vision, plus much more!)
- 401(k) with match
- Competitive wages
- Company laptop
- Paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Work schedule: M-F, day shift. Occasional after hour work may
Our Industrial Equipment Group is currently looking for a full
time Corporate Trainer for the West Michigan area. This position
can be location out of Kentwood, Zeeland, Muskegon, Battle Creek,
or Livonia. The primary responsibilities of the position consist
of, but are not limited to:
- Conduct Operator Training on Powered Industrial Trucks and
Aerial Lift Equipment
- Quote, schedule and prepare for the training
- Completing the customer training in a timely, efficient and
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Work and manage workloads independently
- Proper completion and submission of all required paperwork
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being
ready for work at random start times, per customer/supervisor
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience is highly preferable
- Knowledge of safety compliance for operating equipment
- Coach, evaluate and develop skills of class participants
- Traveling between our branch offices and customer sites as
- Strong working knowledge of electric and internal combustion
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and
professionalism required. Ability to work with people of various
levels of intelligence.
- Technical background with good computer skills
- Well organized
- Willingness to learn
- Desire to succeed and a flexible "can do" attitude
- Computer programs - Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Language Skills - High: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals.. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two
digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to perform these operations using units of American money
and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - High: Ability to solve practical problems
and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where
only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety
of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
form.High School diploma, or GED equivalent
- Must have valid driver's license, clean driving record and
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will stand, talk/hear,
walk, use hands, reach with hands; occasionally will sit, climb or
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision: No special vision requirements.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 10
pounds; Frequently will lift 11 to 25 pounds; Occasionally will
lift from 26 to 100 plus pounds
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3
P's of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the
best people and creating a "one team" approach, Alta Equipment
Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a
difference within our organization, we're ready for you. Whether
it's selling the world's-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and
servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling
product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we
can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are
committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their
maximum potential. Voted a "Top Work Place" by the Detroit Free
Press, our 900 employees in Michigan, Illinois and Northern Indiana
are committed to excellence. It's the Alta way.
So, let's start the conversation. Click the link to apply and
begin the journey of a lifetime.
What We Look For:
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are
a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task
and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that,
a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a
consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence.
Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for
the position with a continual focus on investing in one's
profession through additional training and learning.
Other Opportunities at Alta
Other Opportunities at Alta: Please visit our careers page at
www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of
interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company
about this posting
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and
related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age,
disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity,
sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected
Keywords: Alta Equipment Group Inc., Battle Creek , Operator Trainer, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!