Company: Bronson Battle Creek
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: June 8, 2021
A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge
technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined
with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the
BBC Bronson Battle Creek
Under the direction of the Sexual Assault Services Program
Manager, the Outreach Counselor provides counseling and counseling
related services to victims of sexual assault and their
non-perpetrating significant others, including outreach counseling
to victims in the rural areas of the region, and to victims of
sexual assault cold cases. This employee provides support and
advocacy services, collects statistics, submits reports and workers
cooperatively with a variety of community agencies and volunteers,
and performs other related duties as required. This employee
supervises student interns at the Master's and Bachelor's levels
and provides clinical supervision to volunteers and advocates.
Five-six years formal education or training required.
Master's Degree in Social Work or Human Services related field
required with two years' experience in crisis intervention and
counseling, with experience in sexual assault issues, including the
ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and to relate to
survivors in a patient, empathetic and non-judgmental manner.
Master's degree candidates with related experience will be
Licensed master's level social work or counseling degree
required, such as LMSW, LLMSW, LLPC, LPC, or licensed psychology
(must be in good standing and valid in the state of Michigan).
- Ability to cope with a high level of stress
- Ability to make fast decisions under pressure
- Ability to cope with anger, fear and hostility of others in a
- Ability to manage altercations
- Ability to cope with confrontation
- High degree of flexibility
- Ability to assist with problem resolution
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of patience
- Ability to work in areas that are close and crowded
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
Work which produces levels of mental/visual fatigue which are
typical of jobs that perform a wide variety of duties with frequent
and significant uncontrollable deadlines. Work may include the
operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT up to
40 percent of the time. The job produces some physical demands.
Typical of jobs that include regular walking, standing, stooping,
bending, sitting, and some lifting of light weight objects.
- Provides counseling and counseling related services to victims
of sexual assault and their non-perpetrating significant others in
individual and group settings
- Provides outreach counseling to victims within the regional
service area for SAS, including Calhoun, Kalamazoo, Van Buren, St.
Joseph, Cass, Eaton, Barry and Branch counties.
- Provides support, advocacy and counseling to victims of sexual
assault in cold cases being investigated by cold case teams in the
region, including assisting law enforcement with cold case victim
- Provides support and advocacy for victims of sexual assault
on-site at hospitals and police departments.
- Advocates on behalf of sexual assault victims in legal,
medical, and other community settings.
- Assists with volunteer management and on-call schedules.
- Maintains program participant records, collects statistics, and
submits reports as required.
- Works cooperatively with program staff, volunteers, Bronson
Battle Creek, Gryphon, SA/ACC, Sexual Assault Services Advisory
Board, and other community agencies.
- Supervises Master's level and Bachelor's level higher education
student interns. Assists with supervision of volunteers and
- Observes confidentiality policies regarding all clients and
agency information, as well as child abuse and other related
- Projects a positive image of SAS and Bronson Healthcare
- Keeps informed of relevant policies and other information
related to sexual assault.
- Completes sexual assault and abuse training.
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing outstanding customer
service in a manner that is reflective of our mission, values, and
customer service standards.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and
local laws and regulations, the Compliance Accountability Program,
Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order
to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains a safe workplace by keeping work area free of hazards
and correcting and/or properly reporting any safety hazards.
- Uses correct body positioning, proper body mechanics to avoid
injury, utilizes safe work practices (e.g. pushing vs. pulling,
patient transfer/lifting devices, etc.) and uses personal
protective equipment when necessary.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
8564 Sass (BBC)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting
employment with Bronson!
Keywords: Bronson Battle Creek, Battle Creek , Outreach Counselor, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!