Assistant Quality Manager
Company: Magna International Inc.
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Job Number: 19278
Group: Cosma International
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: Battle Creek
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and
engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust
product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse
process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative
products to market.
he Quality Area Lead supports Manufacturing by ensuring CMM
programming & operation, fixture calibration & maintenance,
certification & maintenance of all instruments, gauge layouts &
organization, GR&R, MSA studies, SPC analysis, part layouts and
systems support for QA and other department requirements and
maintained and completed in a timely manner. .
The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, ability and essential duties required to
successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Give day to day direction and follow up on assigned tasks.
- Hold daily pre-shift meetings on assigned shift with employees.
Visits other pre-shift meetings in the department to provide
feedback and support.
- Communicates with Quality Manager, Engineering Manager, Quality
Engineers, Process Engineers, and other plant personnel about
dimensional concerns, providing status reports as appropriate.
- Provide dimensional expertise to the CMM Technicians and
Quality Technicians, including personnel training, equipment,
documents, and records of compliance. Evaluate and make
recommendations regarding current and new weld inspection methods,
dimensional checks, product quality and equipment.
- Provide Engineering and Quality Assurance personnel as assigned
with Process expertise to support existing and new customer
- Proactively support/initiates corrective measures to process
- Assist the Quality Manager with Developing, implementing and
- Training/certification program for Quality Personnel in all
welding and dimension control checks.
- Control Plans
- Documents and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring all product validation checks are
performed to control plans.
- Ensure all process measurable are trending in the correct
- Promote continual improvement in all processes.
- Attend and participate in department meetings, plant meetings,
and training; participate in customer visitations as designated by
the Quality Manager.
- Provide reports as required by the Quality Manager or other
- Participate in Continual Improvement activities.
- Adhere to customer requirements, Business Operating System and
- Follows and supports CCMi and Magna's operating principles,
- Magna Employee Charter - Operating under its principles by
treating all associates equally, fairly and with dignity and
- Open Door Policy - Solves issues with two-way, open and
- 5S - Maintains and promotes good housekeeping by following the
philosophy "Everything has a place. Everything in its place".
- Safety First - Obey the plant's safety rules and procedures by
wearing PPE at all times and immediately addressing all safety
concerns. Promotes an environment where zero injuries is the
- Company quality and environmental policies.
- Core values - Treat all employees equally, fairly, with dignity
and respect without favoritism in accordance with company
- Supports efforts to achieve department and plant goals on
Employee Opinion Survey.
- Conducts performance evaluations on employees that are tied to
plant and company goals and provides regular feedback on work
performance, utilizing individual corrective action plans if
necessary and discusses such action with appropriate
- Ensures all documentation is maintained, including employee
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Assumes Quality Manager responsibilities as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Windows, databases,
spreadsheets, word processing, AutoCAD, Mechanical Desktop,
- Post-secondary education in a technical field and a minimum of
3 years of related experience required (previous CMM programming
and scanning experience desired)
- Must have strong background and experience in Automotive
Manufacturing, APQP, PPAP and Quality Assurance
- Strong technical background and experience in metrology, Blue
Prints, GD&T, SPC, GR&R, Check Fixtures and CAD
- Good reporting and computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel,
Outlook, CAD, spreadsheets, word processing software, etc.)
- Must possess good mathematical skills, experience in geometry
- Strong organizational, planning, written, and verbal
- Demonstrate a maturity of judgement, leadership skills,
attention to detail and exceptional organizational, listening,
communication and presentation skills in all aspects of the job
- Ability to work flexible hours in a fast-paced environment in
order to meet customer requirements and with variable
- Must be able to interact effectively with other team
- Able to appreciate and maintain proper level of
confidentiality, using discretion and tact
- Understands and exhibits good 6s and housekeeping
- Strong liaison, Supplier Quality and communication skills with
both customer and supply base
- Keeps all records in logical and easy to retrieve/find record
- Strong organization skills with ability to schedule their own
work to meet needs of their customers
- Able to lift up to 40lbs without assistance
- Able to maintain punctuality and good attendance records
- Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet
Education and Experience
- Must have excellent human management skills, be decisive and
always set a good example
- Must have positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent quality procedure skills
- High school diploma with minimum 5 years progressively more
responsible quality experience in automotive preferred.
- Honest with high integrity
- Knowledge of automotive customer requirements
- Knowledge of Quality processes and procedures to include SPC,
GD&T, VE, APQP, DOE, etc
Plant environment characterized by temperature extremes, loud
noise and considerable tow motor traffic
Pressure caused by deadlines, interruptions, personnel problems
and multiple priorities
Personal support for three shifts and weekend production
Able to work with and communicate with production, tool room,
and maintenance personnel in management meetings
Work with customers and suppliers
Handle multiple priorities and able to meet deadlines
Flexible hours and able to work overtime
The individual must be able to perform all essential functions
as needed on the plant floor, in meetings and with employees,
suppliers, management and customers
This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by their supervisor.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions
of the position that are incidental to the performance of
fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct
threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves
or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or
Keywords: Magna International Inc., Battle Creek , Assistant Quality Manager, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!