Company: Graphic Packaging Holding Co
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Boiler Operator position is responsible for operating gas
and fuel oil boilers for the Mill. In addition, this position is
responsible for maintaining and operating all auxiliary equipment
associated with the powerhouse.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the
- Inspect and check boilers, feed water equipment, auxiliary
equipment, gauges and controls regularly.
- Operate powerhouse equipment - making any necessary adjustments
to assure the most efficient powerhouse operation.
- Record various meter readings periodically for use in
determining the cost of powerhouse operation.
- Lubricate and clean powerhouse equipment.
- Perform analysis of all water, determine requirements and
perform all actions necessary to maintain proper water chemistry
- Accurately maintain all powerhouse records and logs as directed
by management. For example, all regulatory agency required record
- Change all filter media/screens and perform preventative
maintenance as scheduled and required.(See attached list for
- Unload/load and take inventory of all chemicals.
- Assist in installation, maintenance, and repair on powerhouse
equipment that involves, but not limited to, packing pumps,
setting, dismantling, and reassembling plant equipment.
- Direct the training and job assignments of apprentice(s).
- Must follow safety and housekeeping techniques in accordance
with shop rules.
- The statement contained in this job description reflect the
general duties and principal function of the job, but are not a
- or all the duties that may be in the job.
- Diligently practices good safety and housekeeping techniques in
accordance with the Shop Rules, Safety Rules and Safety
- Other duties as assigned.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the
box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations
in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive
to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in
the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of,
we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications
for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on
an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or
sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity,
genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any
other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here
to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging Holding Co, Battle Creek , Boiler Operator, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!