Certified Pharmacy Technician- Retail, Bronson Battle Creek, Full Time, 1st shift
Company: Bronson Battle Creek
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: June 7, 2021
A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge
technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined
with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the
BBC Bronson Battle Creek
Certified Pharmacy Technician- Retail, Bronson Battle Creek,
Full Time, 1st shift
The hours of this position are 9a-5:30 p
Under supervision of a registered pharmacist and according to
policies and procedures, assists pharmacists in filling
prescriptions and preparing drug products by interpreting,
transcribing, and preparing medication(s) for dispensing. Maintains
well-stocked, professional, and clean pharmacy. Fills prescriptions
with appropriate medications for review and approval by a
registered pharmacist. Performs a variety of clerical, technical,
and other related duties for retail pharmacy practice as assigned.
Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate
competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 6-12
months of experience required
Temporary or permanent Michigan Pharmacy Tech license required
upon hire with permanent Michigan Pharmacy Tech licensure required
within one year from issuance of temporary license (must be in good
standing and valid in the state of Michigan). PTCB certification is
required to transition from temporary to permanent licensure.
Failure to obtain permanent licensure in required timeframe would
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze data from various
systems and equipment in order to set an appropriate plan of action
in coordination with the pharmacists
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer relations skills
- Analytical skills
- Computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Analytical skills
- Clerical skills
- Grammar and spelling skills
- Ability to cope with a high level of stress
- Ability to make fast decisions under pressure
- Ability to manage altercations
- Ability to concentrate
- High degree of flexibility
- Ability to cope with confrontation
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a stressful
- Ability to assist with problem resolution
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of patience
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g.,
interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring
alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the
operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT
between 40 and 70 percent of the time. Involves considerable
standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e.,
20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as
assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or
fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical
motions are required.
- Helps in coordinating the preparation, dispensing, and
distribution of medications. Answers the phone as needed and
follows through on issues including notifying the appropriate
person to handle a request or question from a customer, prescriber,
or hospital staff member. Examples include printing a label for a
refill, talking to insurance companies, taking patient information
(name, financial number, or prescription number as appropriate,
drug in question) necessary for follow-up.
- Processes prescriptions including basic order entry and
packaging/labeling the correct medication as required. Contacts
insurance companies as needed and is able to use the cash register.
Charges and credits medications. Prepares medication from computer
reports and labels, selects the correct pharmaceuticals and
prepares them for pharmacist verification and signature.
- Transports supplies and/or objects to and from assigned
- Prepares special items for specific customer needs, as directed
by a pharmacist.
- Maintains complete and accurate inventory records on
appropriate computer systems. Prepares and maintains daily lists of
special orders, and assists with ordering supplies and medications.
Assists with stocking of items in the department, store, and
external customer areas.
- Maintains all required records and documents including records
required by the State and Federal Government.
- Answers the phone and transfers calls or takes messages.
Assists caller whenever appropriate in a courteous manner.
- Checks assigned areas monthly for outdated items and completes
medication site inspection report for all inspections.
- Hospice patients: Technician assists pharmacist in filling
Hospice prescriptions and delivering prescriptions to patients and
to Hospice facilities within Branch, Calhoun and Barry counties.
Performs a variety of technical, clerical and supply duties related
to Hospice. Duties include but are not limited to blister packing
and billing prescriptions, inventory management for Hospice
medication boxes including replenishment, maintaining Hospice
records and retrieving prescriptions from physicians.
- Demonstrates commitment to providing outstanding customer
service to all customers in a manner reflective of our mission,
values and customer service standards.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and
local laws and regulations, the Compliance Accountability Program,
Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order
to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and
- Maintains a safe workplace by keeping work area free of hazards
and correcting and/or properly reporting any safety hazards.
- Uses correct body positioning, proper body mechanics to avoid
injury, utilizes safe work practices (e.g. pushing vs. pulling,
patient transfer/lifting devices, etc.) and uses personal
protective equipment when necessary.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
5101 Outpatient Pharmacy (BBC)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting
employment with Bronson!
Keywords: Bronson Battle Creek, Battle Creek , Certified Pharmacy Technician- Retail, Bronson Battle Creek, Full Time, 1st shift, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!