Job Number: 19919
Group: Cosma International
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: Battle Creek
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and
engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust
product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse
process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative
products to market.
The production trainer is responsible for training the employees
and associates in a given work area to all applicable standards to
ensure complete understanding of work process and Standard work
The Production Trainer will use their training in TWI Job
Instruction, quality, operational procedures/processes, and
occupational health and safety, to train and mentor Associates .
These associates will have to complete daily production tasks as
assigned, inluding assembly, inspection, and packaging. Trainers
will be certified in TWI Job Instruction within 30 days of starting
this position. Trainers may be required to do other production
work, based on what is needed in production.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, ability and essential duties required to
successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- All work will be performed with safety in mind for yourself,
coworkers and equipment at all times.
- To work within guidelines of the company rules and guidelines
to comply with MIOSHA standards.
- To load and unload production equipment as instructed.
- Basic tool changes may be required.
- To maintain the equipment and work area in a clean and
- Operation of the production cell and peripheral equipment in an
- Operator of a cell is responsible for the quality of the
product that is produced at all times to meet our customer and CCMi
- All quality checks must be completed actually and in a timely
- The ability to read basic measuring devises.
- To have clear and open communications with peers and
supervision in an efficient and courteous way.
- Perform all PM's to the equipment as assigned.
- Identifying and tagging of all product that would enter or
leave the cell.
- Documentation must be filled out in a legible and timely
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures for each work
- TWI Job Instruction certified to train other operators.
- Able to review and communicate training requirements to
employees being trained.
- Uses the Escalation when required.
- Follows TWI standard. Always has the critical visuals open to
the right product that is running at the time, can describe what
issues or concerns that are being looked for.
- Documentation is correct, accurate and up-to-date.
- Takes part in the continuous improvement process to improve
productivity and quality (provides suggestions at team meetings,
understands losses and gives ideas/solutions, participates in
trials/experiments, volunteers on committee or focus group
activities, etc.) and focuses on solutions.
- Participates in New Employee Orientation.
- Attends departmental and plant-wide communication meetings as
- Attends training as scheduled.
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
- Provide training to all assigned employees and associates in a
given work area.
- Utilize multiple learning styles to successfully educate a wide
variety of experienced level adult learners.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of all work process and
SWI's applicable, and be able to coordinate with all shareholders
where additional understanding is needed.
- Utilize effective communication.
- Maintain confidentiality and objectivity and a high standard of
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all shareholders
and employees to promote a cooperative and harmonious working
environment to facilitate productivity and continued
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Attend all meetings as deemed necessary by management, and
document action items as needed.
- Any additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by
- Will assist all departments as needed to meet daily production
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to learn and teach all assigned production roles at
- Ability to perform to TWI Job Instruction process.
- Ability to mentor new staff.
- Ability to understand, anticipate and follow direction while
exercising maturity of judgement.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently to
perform duties with little supervision.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment and with a
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to meet customer
- Ability to understand basic computer software, HMI experience
- Possesses good verbal and written communication skills, and
good mathematical skills.
- Must be able to interact effectively with other team
- Self-starter who can function in a semi-autonomous
- Ability to train people with a variety of work experiences and
- Ability to function in front of a large group of people and
- Proven record of following all work rules, procedures and
- Good coordination of movement to carry out routine, repetitive
tasks and the ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Able to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time in a
- Must be able to understand written instructions.
Education and Experience Required
High school diploma, GED, some college level course work
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Previous experience in training adult learners required.
Working knowledge of basic automotive requirements as it relates
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
Includes office and manufacturing plant
Must be able to perform all essential functions as appropriate
on the plant floor, in meetings, and with employees of all
departments, management, customers and suppliers
Provide support for three shifts and weekend production
Flexible hours and able to work additional hours as required
This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by their supervisor/manager.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions
of the position that are incidental to the performance of
fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or