Middle School Special Education Teacher
Company: Lakeview School District
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Openings as of 4/29/2021
- Middle School Special Education Teacher Consultant JobID:
- Position Type:
Student Support Services/ Teacher Consultant
- Date Posted:
Lakeview School District
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Lakeview School District - Lakeview School District is
dedicated to organizational excellence and supports and encourages
the development and implementation of multicultural perspectives
across all areas of the organization, the celebration of diversity,
and the assets that diversity brings to our organization.
Lakeview School District is a comprehensive school of approximately
4,100 students in grades K-12, 500 faculty and support staff
members and an annual General Fund Budget of $40 million. The
district comprises six school buildings, four K-4 elementary
schools, one 5-8 middle school, and one high school.
The Teacher Consultant will serve in a consultative/supportive role
with staff, students, and parents and representatives from local
districts and community agencies. The Teacher Consultant will be
responsible for the coordination, development and implementation of
instructional programs within assigned areas. The teacher
consultant will also work with teachers to ensure all district,
state and federal compliance requirements are met and
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- The candidate must possess a masters degree in education or a
field of study related to special education.
- The candidate must meet all of the requirements of R. 340.1782
of the Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education
- The candidate must show evidence of a minimum of three years of
satisfactory teaching experience, not less than two years of which
shall be teaching in a special education classroom. Substitute
teaching in general or special education classrooms is acceptable
in meeting this requirement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The nature of responsibilities listed is a reflection of the job
description as a whole but is not limited to the details outlines
- Manage the development of Initial REED documents as a result of
parent requests or MTSS team referrals.
- Provide consultation to special education and general education
classroom staff in areas such as instructional methods, evaluation,
effective time management and problem solving/conflict
- Participate in Individualized Education Planning meetings as
assigned. Fill the role of district rep. at IEP meetings.
- Review IEPs for compliance purposes.
- Participate in and provide input in child study meetings
- Assist in the coordination of program/curriculum design,
development and implementation
- Assist the CISD Supervisor with program reviews and change
implementation when required.
- Conduct observations of program processes.
- Conduct observations of students when needed to problem solve
for student needs.
- Assist in the coordination of assigned student activities
- Assist with development of behavior plans and data collection
- Prepare reports to facilitate, document or evaluate programs
and assigned duties
- Remain up-to-date on current methodologies and strategies for
instructional programs for students with disabilities
- Confer with parents, administrators, evaluation teams,
specialists, social workers, and others to develop individual
educational programs for students
- Work with community agencies to coordinate the delivery of
services to students
- Work in collaboration with CISD Supervisor on Continuous
Improvement Monitoring System in district
- Work with teachers to ensure that all district, state and
federal compliance timelines, documentation and guidelines are met
- Develop, implement, and evaluate applications of technology for
- Complete, in a timely fashion, all records and reports as
required by law and regulation or requested by supervisors
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of professional
- Participate as a member of a Multidisciplinary Evaluation Team
(MET) to assist in the evaluation of the educational needs of
students, as needed
- Serve as a resource for the development of district plan goals
related to the assigned area
- May serve as a resource person to local school district school
improvement teams related to the assigned area
- Coordinate and assist with state testing.
- Provide coaching and assistance to teachers when they have
questions or are struggling with an essential job requirement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Interested candidates must submit, via the Districts on-line
application system, cover letter, resume, transcripts, and copy of
current education credential.
A competitive salary combined with a comprehensive fringe benefit
package will be offered to the successful applicant.
Email To A Friend
Keywords: Lakeview School District, Battle Creek , Middle School Special Education Teacher, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!