EHS / Plant Safety Manager
Company: Gables Search Group
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: June 3, 2021
***Candidates Must Have Experience in a
The EHS Manager assures high
quality and consistency in the delivery of occupational health and
safety services and strives for continuous improvement towards an
injury free workplace.
EHS Manager Responsibilities:
- Respect and enforce the Group,
Business Group, and Division policy, procedures and programs.
- Serve as Environmental
Management Representative (EMR) for the ISO 140001 Environmental
Management System (EMS).
- Manages Return to Work program
as part of Worker’s Compensation.
- Ensure department up to date
awareness of applicable federal, state and local health, industrial
hygiene, safety and environmental regulations.
- Maintain legal compliance and
manage the site's relations with local government and regulatory
- Ensure site is prepared for
regulatory inspections (e.g.; record retention).
- Ensure the reporting of EHS
indicators (i.e. generic injury rate).
- Partner with plant and corporate
to support engineering on Standard Operating Procedures.
- Coordinate emergency response
- Organize and drive EHS
- Ensure investigation of
accidents and lead preventative initiatives.
- Ensure healthy and safe work
conditions are provided for employees, as well for running
processes in an environmentally sustainable way.
- Advise managers on EHS matters
and ensure implementation of recommendations.
- Ensure preparation and
maintenance of current legal and company reporting requirements and
- Ensure plant ergonomic issues
- Update and circulate best
practices in prevention and protection matters in all the plants of
the Division and towards the Business Group.
- Analyze the site risks and bring
solutions to improve the working conditions; the level of
industrial safety; and respect of the environment.
- Complies with all Company Safety
policies, procedures and rules.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Must have recent experience in
a Manufacturing plant.
- Expert knowledge on safety and
environmental regulatory requirements.
- Experience managing EHS in a
large and complex manufacturing site.
- Results oriented.
- Must have worker's compensation
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Battle Creek , EHS / Plant Safety Manager, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!