Survey Technician - Battle Creek
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Come work for OHM Advisors, the community advancement firm.
With the singular mission of Advancing Communities, our diverse,
500+ member team works collaboratively across multiple service
areas including architecture, engineering, planning, surveying, and
construction engineering to create better places for people.
We are a team of experts with individual specialties working
together, driven to make a difference through people-focused
problem solving, design, and ideas. In everything we do, we put
people first. We create places for communities of people that help
solve a problem and drive them forward-advancing the whole
community today and well into the future.
What You'll Contribute to OHM Advisors
The Survey Technician is an integral part of the survey team by
assisting in the delivery of timely and accurate data. He or she is
responsible for a variety of technician-level surveying activities
that support the team in the surveying of roads, building sites,
recreation areas, bridges, environmental sites, and determinations
of land boundaries under the guidance of a professional surveyor.
The ideal candidate must be a dependable, energetic self-starter
that meets the following requirements.
- Ensuring all required equipment is loaded, unloaded, cleaned,
and charged every day.
- Notifying Direct Supervisor/Team Members of any issues,
- Assist Direct Supervisor/Team Members with necessary
- Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with
coworkers, supervisors, the public, etc. to sufficiently exchange
or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Safe work methods.
- Projecting the company in a positive manner to all members of
- Travel overnight occasionally for remote projects.
As a trusted member of OHM Advisors' Field Services Group, you
will join a growing, mission-driven team of innovative thinkers who
collaborate daily, using our combined gifts and talents to
continually advance the communities we serve.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of basic math principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook,
- Experience or familiarity with Microstation, GIS, Trimble
Access, and AutoCAD/Civil 3D preferred.
- Good organizational skills, proven ability to manage equipment,
and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Computer and Spreadsheet experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A current, valid, no restrictions driver's license.
- Physical requirements include indoor and outdoor work, various
temperatures and weather conditions, driving, lifting, carrying,
reaching, bending, kneeling, crawling, walking, sitting, and
standing. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Growth at OHM Advisors
Advancement isn't just for our clients. We're committed to
moving our team forward, too. At OHM Advisors, you'll enjoy
challenging, meaningful work at a growing company creating
innovative solutions for forward-thinking clients. But there's not
just cool work on big projects. You'll be empowered to create your
own career path in a culture that supports your individual
professional development goals and encourages your pursuits through
continued opportunities for growth. Read about some of our
opportunities for career growth and enrichment on our website.
OHM Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
Keywords: OHM, Battle Creek , Survey Technician - Battle Creek, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!