We are seeking a Sr. Human Resources Manager to join the Battle
Creek, MI plant. As a part of the local leadership team, you will
serve as a strategic business partner regarding all aspects of the
Ideal candidates will have previous human resources supervisory
experience in a union environment and possess the ability to
effectively provide thought leadership to stakeholders at all
levels in the organization.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Driving culture initiatives that focus on increasing employee
engagement at all levels in the facility.
- Developing and implementing comprehensive development plans to
support succession planning and bench strength.
- Developing comprehensive workforce planning strategies to
support staffing and recruiting objectives for the hourly employee
- Promoting a strong relationship with community partners with a
targeted goal of becoming an Employer of Choice.
- Providing employee relations counseling and problem-solving for
managers and employees to ensure a productive work environment,
remaining consistent with company values and policies, and in
adherence to state and federal regulatory law.
- Counseling, advising and training management on
performance-based issues including corrective action plans,
terminations, and severance agreements.
- Investigating and resolving employee grievances--maintain labor
- Translate strategic HR vision into actionable activities within
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources/related field
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of federal and state
employment laws and other government compliance regulations.
- Minimum 7-10 years of Human Resources Management experience
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Union experience
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the
box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations
in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive
to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in
the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of,
we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications
for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on
an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or
sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity,
genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any
other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here
to view the EEO is the Law Poster.