Clinician - Masters Required - FT - Battle Creek, MI
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: January 5, 2021
Job Summary Provides treatment, education and counseling services
to children, families, caregivers and staff involved in the child
welfare and behavioral/mental health system. Duties and
- Provide a range of clinical interventions to individuals,
families and groups, using acceptable and appropriate treatment
methodologies within evidenced based practice models when
- Assist clients to clearly define presenting problems and devise
methods and goals for solving problems.
- Assume responsibility for intake, assessment, clinical
interventions, scheduling and billing.
- Present each case to supervisor and clinical peer team as
required for review of treatment plan and progress. Provide
participants with reviews as requested, to document clinical
progress on goals and redefine goals as needed.
- Participate as a member of the clinical treatment team. Keep
all members informed of case status and progress, provide oral and
written reports, make recommendations about case goals for
treatment and develop mutually agreeable treatment plans and/or
- Provide court testimony on clinical recommendations for clients
served as required.
- Maintain case record documentation for funding and regulatory
- Prepare reports as needed for referral sources and
participants, as outlined by contract and program. Provide
appropriate referral for clients requiring additional or
Job Qualifications Education, Training, and
- Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or
- Eligible for limited licensure with state of Michigan,
application submitted preferred: Limited Licensed Professional
Counselor, Temporary Limited License Psychologist, Limited Licensed
Master Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselor, Limited
Licensed Psychologist or Licensed Master Social Work.
- Full licensure preferred.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) registry preferred.
- Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) credentialing
- Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) training
- Infant Mental Health Certification preferred.
- Working knowledge in clinical outpatient, home based, community
mental health or child welfare setting preferred.
- Experience working with clients who have experienced
significant trauma, grief and loss.
- Lived experience with behavioral health issues preferred.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of culturally competent, recovery-based
- Understanding of person-centered planning as a shared decision
making process with the individual, who defines his/her own life
goals and is assisted in developing a unique path toward those
goals to aid individuals in their recovery process.
- Ability to apply principals of logical or scientific thinking
to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw
- Ability to effectively read, speak and write English language;
ability to prepare letters, reports, clinical documentation, using
prescribed format and confirming to all rules of punctuation,
grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to develop and effectively lead workshops and group
- Ability to relate, engage and work constructively with
vulnerable children and adults.
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to employ a variety of
evidenced based, trauma informed therapeutic techniques, to
children, adults, families, and groups.
- Advanced knowledge of human growth and development and the
- Ability to effectively utilize computer software; including
word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Understanding the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of
the individuals served. Additional Work Requirements
- On-call rotation is required as directed by contract and
program. Ability to work a flexible schedule with extended hours as
- Ability to travel to and provide clinical services in the
community, family's home and other offices within the organization,
- Reliable ongoing personal transportation, suitable for persons
being served required. Valid unrestricted driver's license, good
driving record, and valid auto insurance. Physical and Mental
- Ability to move freely about.
- High level of continual concentration.
- Near visual acuity; hand-eye coordination; hand and finger
At Samaritas, we ask you to join us - to "Be The Rock That Starts
The Ripple". A ripple of transformation in the individual lives of
the 15,000 people we help each year, and a ripple of positive
change throughout our community. Our team is growing at Samaritas!
We are seeking more Rocks to join our team. We are always looking
for additional employees who want to make a big impact and have a
lot of fun doing so as part of an enthusiastic, collaborative
team.--We want you to be our rock! We walk with people in need,
offering hope and compassion while upholding their dignity,
advocating for equality and justice, and seeking creative solutions
with those who place their trust in us. For a Samaritas video
preview please click on our video link: https://vimeo.com/344133081
Samaritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled
Keywords: Samaritas, Battle Creek , Clinician - Masters Required - FT - Battle Creek, MI, Other , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!