Programmer Analyst / Report Writer
Company: Grace Health
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: February 5, 2019
BASIC JOB PURPOSE: Analyzes, develops and modifies programs and reports to support efficient center operations. Assists departments in developing and documenting various methods for collecting, analyzing, reporting and maintaining center information. Assists with system upgrades, process improvement initiatives and technical support requests. Creates and modifies computer programs by converting project requirements into code. EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not be all inclusive.)
- Uses existing systems, develops new systems and communicates with individuals as necessary to ensure accurate and efficient reporting of information
- Uses statistical, economic, financial and relational principles and techniques to prepare reports and interpret data
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with peers, supervisor and requestor.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Encodes project requirements by converting work flow information into computer language.
- Programs the computer by entering coded information.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Applies statistical methods to analyze data and validate results
- Interprets results of analysis
- Documents methods of collection, analysis, and results
- Prepares reports, graphs, and charts and communicates with appropriate people
- Continually strives to improve data integrity and tools to efficiently process information requests
- Demonstrates knowledge of center s operations and the informational requirements of each department
- Assists departments with training for any new applications or system upgrades
- Participates in professional development activities
- Maintains confidentiality
- Performs other duties as assigned. PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Experience using structured programing languages and project development
- Must be proficient using SQL Server, Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience using Crystal Reports, VBA, and HL7 are preferred.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple projects with deadlines.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written). Education: Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, HIT, CIS or Computer Science Experience: Minimum of two to three years of relevant IT experience required - provided by Dice SQL, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Crystal Reports, VBA, HL7
Keywords: Grace Health, Battle Creek , Programmer Analyst / Report Writer, IT / Software / Systems , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!