IT Technical Support Specialist
Company: Duncan Aviation
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: October 28, 2018
The IT Technical Support Specialist supports users with hardware and software issues including repairs, enhancements, new installations, etc., and maintains various inventory systems. In addition, this position provides basic training and support to users for newly installed software; provides backup for PC Help Desk; and performs special projects as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides support to users with installation of new software, upgrades to existing software, and instruction to users on basics usage of various software.
2. Provides workstation hardware support including repairs, enhancements, and new installations and additions of PC hardware and peripherals.
3. Maintains hardware and software inventory databases.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required; on-call availability may be required
- Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs.; reads small print; repetitive motion; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Associates degree in computer related field preferred
- Minimum two years PC technical support and installation experience, specifically Networking and MS Windows and Office required
- Experience working with Lotus Notes preferred
- Proficiency with a variety of PC Hardware
Duncan Aviation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Click to access the EEO is the Law poster.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us by e-mail at Recruiting@DuncanAviation.com or by calling at 402.479.1608.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and require a pre-employment drug test.
Keywords: Duncan Aviation, Battle Creek , IT Technical Support Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!