Technical Trainer, Dryer
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries. MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
Technical Trainer - Dryer will be s upporting operations, this role
will report directly to the Site Technical Training FLL and have a
tactical focus on the day to day implementation and adherence to
the site training process. They provide on the job training
instruction and will ensure new team members are provided
instruction with themselves or a qualified trainer as outlined in
the training process. This role will partner and align with the
overall technical training strategy for the organization. The
individual will need to be flexible in their work schedule to
accommodate the training needs. WHAT WE OFFER At Abbott, you can
have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communities MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Can operate the equipment / complete the tasks associated with
the area they support and train for.
- Conducts and/or coordination of OJT for area team members new
to the function / role or for periodic assessments of ongoing
skills and demonstrated competency.
- Provides SME insight and support in updates to 1PL s as
periodic reviews occur.
- Oversees the administration and tracking of the OJT process,
including support of the Certified Job Trainers/Learning Mentors.
Utilizes the tools to evaluate the consistency and effectiveness of
the site process.
- Monitor and track department training activities by area of
support (OJT schedule adherence, cross-training, rotations).
- Assist in the development (as an area/task SME) and completion
of annual and requested training for area personnel.
- Provides daily guidance and direction to personnel in training
personnel on task assignments and expectations.
- Partner in the development of cross-training matrices for
operational functions and determine gaps / necessary steps to build
departmental flexibility and competency.
- Work to address new team member concerns related to their OJT
training and tools.
- Ensure that the site training tools and processes are followed
and adhered to by site personnel in their respective area(s).
- Ensure periodic learning assessments on critical tasks are
complete and documented with any
- action items outlined for gaps.
- Be flexible in work schedule to accommodate training needs of a
multi-shift operation, initiating a routine presence on off-shifts.
- High School Diploma (GED) Experience/Background
- Production Support Area
- 3 years of experience and Certified in support area
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Battle Creek , Technical Trainer, Dryer, IT / Software / Systems , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!