Coord., Human Resources I
Company: Graphic Packaging International, Inc.
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: January 9, 2021
MISSION / SUMMARY:Under general direction, responsible for
assisting and supporting the Human Resources Manager and Human
Resources Supervisor in all facets to include, but not limited to:
payroll administration, recruiting/staffing, policy interpretation,
HRIS reporting, employee relations, benefits administration, and
new hire orientation..JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are
not limited to the following.
- Assist in the day-to-day administration of human resources
programs including completing all necessary paperwork to hire,
terminate and modify employee records in SAP.
- Weekly processing of automated hourly payroll (approximately
425 employees) per the Collective Bargaining Agreement in Workbrain
- Timely processing of wage attachments/garnishments through
corporate legal and/or payroll
- Administers annual safety shoe reimbursements and deductions in
- Coordinates the activities associated with the co-op/intern
selection process to include conducting phone interviews,
scheduling onsite interviews, preparing interview guides, etc.
- Administers the employee leave of absence process to include:
interface with Corporate Benefits Administrator,
collection/reconciliation of benefit premiums owed, and FML
- Takes an active role in benefits administration to include
conducting open enrollment meetings for hourly employees and
serving as a resource to aid employees with benefit inquires.
- Provide general administrative support, including responding to
general questions, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Conducts new employee orientation for co-op/intern and salary
employee groups to ensure positive onboarding experience.
- Manages and maintains all employee files in accordance to GPI
record retention, HR policies and HR Audit Guidelines.
- Coordinates the collection and preparation of routine and ad
hoc human resource reports including, but not limited to the HR
- Processes all departmental invoices in SAP and ReadSoft.
- Assists and provides input in managing department budget.
- Contributes as a team lead and team member on various
department, mill and Company initiatives.
- Routinely audits departmental files for adherence to HR Audit
- Champions various employee culture initiatives, i.e. Service
- Maintains adequate inventory of departmental office
- Other duties as assigned.The above job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other
duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time with or without notice.BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three (3) years of proven experience as an HR
coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative
- Minimum of two (2) years of direct payroll administration
- Experience with SAP and Workbrain or ADP software
- Experience in a unionized work environment preferred.EDUCATION
- Minimum of four (4) year Bachelor's degree in human resources
or related field or minimum of 8 years relevant and comparably
compensatory related work experience required in lieu of degree.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
skills. Ability to manipulate and analyze data using pivot tables,
Excel formulas (including vlookup).
- Knowledge of employment law (EEO, ADA, FML, etc.).
- PHR or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credentials
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential data with a high level of
- Must demonstrate flexibility when work assignments or
priorities change and a willingness to do whatever it takes to
ensure the overall effectiveness of the HR function.
- Ability to prepare correspondence and documents with a high
level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be resourceful in accomplishing work tasks and obtaining needed
- Ability to interact in a helpful, courteous and professional
- Demonstrate sense of urgency and level of energy required to
effectively deliver HR services in a fast-paced
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee
must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may
include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual
while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding
or by rail.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Ethics & Values
- Priority SettingRequired ExperienceAt Graphic Packaging
International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured
your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that
heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout
the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may
enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard
and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized
brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and
pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team
of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are
committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of
difference.With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70
locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim,
we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our
industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed
to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs
that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people
who make our company successful.If this sounds like something you
would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more
about us at www.graphicpkg.com.Inspired Packaging. A World of
Difference.Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications
for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on
an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or
sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity,
genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any
other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here
to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging International, Inc., Battle Creek , Coord., Human Resources I, Human Resources , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!