Prep Cook - 2nd Shift
Company: Firekeepers Casino Hotel
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Shift:Swing Employment Status:Full-time Date Posted:9/5/2018 Job Code:PrepCook Location:FireKeepers Casino Hotel Address:11177 Michigan Ave City:Battle Creek State:MI Country:United States of America Description SCOPE OF POSITION: Responsible for the preparation of all foods requiring pre-opening preparation, ensuring the efficiency of the line and kitchen operation on a scheduled shift is completed in accordance with company specifications and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Responsible for preparing salads, dressings, canap--'s, and other cold dishes.
- Responsible for preparing sandwiches on short order or in quantities.
- Maintains quantities of coffee and tea throughout the shift.
- Performs as a Team Member with Cooks, Stewards, Supervisors, Chefs, Servers, and pertinent company Team Members in producing a smoothly and efficiently run operation on a scheduled shift.
- Follows all recipes and control procedures.
- Slices cold meat and cheese and portions items.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary area at all times in full accordance with State Health Regulations.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel. Minimum Requirements MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS An applicant's education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate's education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods. The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities: High School diploma or GED.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS No general or preferred qualifications.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimal, and work with mathematical such as probability and statistical inference.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment. INDIAN PREFERENCE Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines "Native American" as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary. Apply Now
- Back to Results
- Save this Job
- Refer this Job Apply Now
Keywords: Firekeepers Casino Hotel, Battle Creek , Prep Cook - 2nd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!