Customer Service Associate - Temporary
Company: Duane Reade
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: January 7, 2021
490610BRTitle:Customer Service Associate - TemporaryJob
- Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer
- Registers sales on assigned cash register, provides customers
with courteous, fair, friendly, and efficient checkout
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering
assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and
answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team
members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer
experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye
contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g.,
offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until
- Provides customers with courteous, friendly, fast, and
- Recommends items for sale to customer and recommends trade-up
and/or companion items.
- Registers customer purchases on assigned cash register,
collects cash and distributes change as requested; processes voids,
returns, rain checks, refunds, and exchanges as needed.
- Keeps counters and shelves clean and well merchandised, takes
inventory, and maintains records. Checks in and prices merchandise
as required or as directed by store manager or communicated by the
- Implements Company asset protection procedures to identify and
minimize profit loss.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding
regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages and tobacco
- Constructs and maintains displays, including promotional,
seasonal, super structures, and sale merchandise. Completes resets
and revisions as directed.
- Assists with separation of food items (e.g., raw foods from
pre-cooked) and product placement as specified by
policies/procedures (e.g., raw and frozen meats on bottom shelves).
For consumable items, assists in stock rotation, using the first
in, first out method and restock outs.
- Has working knowledge of store systems and store
- Provides customer service in the photo area, including digital
passport photo service, poster print and creative machine,
suggestive sell of promotional photo products.
- Assumes web pick-up responsibilities (monitors orders in
Picture Care Plus, fills orders (pick items), delivers orders to
customers as they arrive at store).
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring
clean, neat, orderly store condition and appearance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains
respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as
assigned.Training & Personal Development
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager or
assigned by corporate.Auto req ID:490610BRExternal Basic
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
(Except in Puerto Rico)
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including
evenings and weekend hours.Store:10513-BATTLE CREEK MIEmployment
Type:Flexible hoursFull Store Address:605 NORTH AVE,BATTLE
- Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.An Equal
Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.Company
Indicator:WalgreensShift:VariousCommon Location:605 NORTH
AVE,BATTLE CREEK,MI,49017-03230-10513-SWalgreens is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Duane Reade, Battle Creek , Customer Service Associate - Temporary, Hospitality & Tourism , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!