Psychiatrist (Physician #)
Company: Corizon Health
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: August 11, 2019
About Corizon Health Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of
correctional healthcare in the United States. We are a company
built on more than 40-years of innovation and expertise in the
industry. Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success
are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or
continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
Responsibilities We have an exceptional opportunity for a
Psychiatrist to join our healthcare team at Calhoun County Jail,
Battle Creek, MI. Responsibilities of the Corizon Health
- Provide diagnostic evaluation and treatment to patients on the
Mental Health Inpatient Unit.
- Provide psychiatric consultation, diagnosis, and treatment to
- Provide clinical direction, general supervision and training to
the Mental Health Unit staff.
- Approve, sign and monitor the implementation and efficiency of
all treatment plans. Create discharge plans to insure appropriate
follow-up and support after discharge from the institution's
- Provide onsite psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, and treatment
of those inmates referred by the medical or clinical services
staff. Provide written summaries of history, diagnosis and
- Where applicable, provide psychiatric services for inpatients,
assessment and diagnosis, staffing treatment planning, regular
review of all inmates assigned. Where applicable, provide
psychiatric services for all inmates referred to Healthcare Unit
for those inmates in the general population who need regular
psychiatric/mental health follow up. Where applicable, provide
psychiatric services for those inmates who need to be transferred
to Mental Health facilities. Services to include work up and any
court hearing testimony needed.
- Where applicable, act as regular psychiatrist and participate
in the treatment programming and planning for the Mental Health
Unit, duties include regular staffing and contact with Mental
Health Unit staff and supervisor, discussion of problem cases,
follow up and monitoring of medication, and general psychiatric
- Provide medication management to all inmates admitted to the
Mental Health Unit. Provide individual and/or group therapy as
- Approve all admissions and discharges into the Mental Health
Unit. Approve, sign and monitor the implementation and efficiency
of treatment plans.
- Provide in-service education to the Mental Health Unit staff as
- Be available on a scheduled basis for the on-call needs of the
Mental Health Unit.
- Participate in Treatment Audit Committee. Benefits offered to
the Corizon Health Psychiatrist
- 5 weeks Paid Time Off
- No weekends or evenings
- Minimal on-call
- No overhead
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Company Matched 401k or Supplemental Retirement Plan
- Continuing Medical Education allowance
- Malpractice paid This position may require a background check,
security clearance, and/or drug screening. Corizon Health is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state
employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered
for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin,
religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam veteran.
Experience & Requirements Qualifications of the Corizon Health
- Must be a graduate of medical school and have completed an
appropriate psychiatric residency.
- Corrections experience preferred.
- Must be licensed to practice in the applicable state and
certified by the Office of Mental Health to provide psychiatric
services in a licensed inpatient unit. Current DEA number.
- Providers currently in their residency training may be
considered based on contract needs. Not ready to apply? Connect
with us for general consideration. Corizon Health is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal
and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are
considered for all positions without regard to race, gender,
national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability,
Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including
Disability/Protected Veterans Job Locations US-MI-Battle Creek
Category Physician & Physician Leadership Position Type PRN Shift /
Schedule Variable Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs,
psychologist jobs, psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Corizon Health, Battle Creek , Psychiatrist (Physician #), Healthcare , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!