Medical Assistant - Family and Internal Medicine
Company: Borgess Health, MI
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: September 7, 2018
Job ID: 266627 Medical Assistant - Family and Internal Medicine Battle Creek, Michigan Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Medical Assistant City, State:-- Battle Creek, MI Location:-- Borgess Health Park-Battle Creek Department:---- Borgess Family and Int Med BHP Additional Job Details:----Full-Time Day,--40 Hours Weekly About Us Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region---s largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999. Job Description Job Summary: The Medical Assistant will assist--with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician. -- Responsibilities:
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
- Assist with medical instruments or equipment needed to administer patient care.
- Perform vitals on patients.
- Skill in assisting physician in a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
- Perform a facilitator role in shared medical appointments.
- Upon completion of training, has ability to perform computer download process for patient diabetes equipment including glucose meter, CGMS system and insulin pump.
- Educate patients on diabetes and related issues and medications.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained within--3 Months (90 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified--Medical Assistant.-- Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Associate's degree in a related field preferred.
- One year technical experience preferred. How To Apply We urge you to apply for any/all positions in which you are interested.-- If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you.-- Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as, additional information that is requested of you.-- Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) for which you've applied. -- Equal Employment Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Share: -->
Keywords: Borgess Health, MI, Battle Creek , Medical Assistant - Family and Internal Medicine, Healthcare , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!