GSRP / Preschool Caregiver (Battle Creek Area)
Company: Community Unlimited, Inc.
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: November 24, 2022
*Community Unlimited - Job Description GSRP Caregiver*
Community Unlimited staff is very important to the overall quality
of Community Unlimited programs. Staff is directly involved in the
process of program development, implementation, & evaluation.
Positive character, sharing knowledge, and communication are
essential to successful programs.
Staff must adhere to the standards set in the CU Employee Handbook,
MI Child Care Licensing, and appropriate programmatic standards:
GSRP Implementation Manual, CLASS, Early Childhood Standards of
Quality for Prekindergarten, HighScope philosophy, and Great Start
to Quality (min. 3 stars).
*Responsibilities* (include but are not limited to):
* Participate in planning, administering, and evaluating the
management of HighScope curriculum, family activities program,
instructional services for the GSRP program, and the CACFP. Collect
ASQs and other assessments.
* Employee is required to make an immediate verbal report to DHS
Child Protective Services and follow with a written report within
72 hours with any suspected child abuse or neglect.
* Provide appropriate, positive behavioral guidance to children and
always treat each child with dignity and respect at all times, even
if you are redirecting or correcting them.
* Be aware of; know how to prevent, and how to properly handle all
children with food allergies and other health situations.
* Be able to stand for extended periods of time, sit on the ground,
bend, lift up to 50 lbs, & be able to get on the level of the
* Work in partnership with other agencies for the good of
* Participate with the recruitment and retention of students, with
a goal of 18 students.
* Participate in regularly scheduled parent advisory and/or
* Facilitate positive communication and good working relationships
with parents, community partners, all CU employees, and GSRP and
CISD staff. Working with and following a plan with your classroom's
Early Childhood Specialist is mandatory.
* Ensure proper supervision of children at all times including, but
not limited to: in the classroom, on the playground or outside, at
toilet times, in all other areas outside of classroom.
* Participate in maintaining all student attendance, meal counts,
and enrollment records and ensure that all records are current in
Skyward as requested by GSRP teacher.
* Attend all mandatory meetings, conferences, and professional
development trainings. A minimum of 24 PD hours that are creditable
in MiRegistry must be completed annually.
* Turn in accurate time cards and purchase orders/receipts in a
timely fashion to your supervisor.
* Other duties as assigned.
*Schedule / Compensation: * This is considered a full-time, hourly
position, consisting of an average of 37.5 hours per week, 5 days a
week. Summer training may be required. Compensation is hourly and
based on education and experience. Benefits include paid time off,
retirement plan, life and short-term disability insurances, monthly
stipend program, & TEACH sponsorship.
*Education and Qualifications: *
* Required: High School Diploma / GED
* Experience in a child related field serving ages and abilities of
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.94 - $16.00 per hour
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Community Unlimited, Inc., Battle Creek , GSRP / Preschool Caregiver (Battle Creek Area), Healthcare , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!