Inpatient Psychiatry Opportunity - Battle Creek, MI
Company: Permanent Placement Resources, LLC
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Battle Creek, Michigan.
This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
Inpatient Psychiatry Opportunity - Battle Creek, MI
Battle Creek, MI has an exciting Inpatient Psychiatrist
opportunity. Full-time employment available in Calhoun County.
Board Certified Psychiatrist preferred (Board Eligible is
required). The Fieldstone Center is a 25 bed adult inpatient unit.
Candidate will work alongside other physicians and APP's.
Occasional weekend coverage is available. Coverage could include
M-F 8a-5p, some night call, consults and rounding.
About the Battle Creek & Kalamazoo Region
Located halfway between Chicago and Detroit, the area offers
diverse cultural opportunities, affordable real estate, a major
focus on education, and a variety of year-round family attractions,
events, and festivals. Abundant natural resources, including easy
access to Lake Michigan, make it the perfect choice for biking,
boating and skiing. Our local area is home to several international
companies including Stryker, Pfizer, Zoetis, and Kellogg.
Battle Creek offers the cultural and recreational amenities offered
in urban settings with a modest cost of living and vitality that
permeates education, arts, culture, and recreation. There is an
impressive array of entertainment options that please music lovers,
sports fans, and families. Numerous parks are connected via a
linear trail to the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo rivers and provide
opportunities for hiking, fishing, and canoeing, picnicking and
Kalamazoo also offers diverse cultural opportunities, economic
diversification and very affordable real estate. Public, private,
and parochial schools are recognized for their academic
Physicians are responsible for diagnosing illnesses and prescribing
as well as administering treatment for patients suffering from
disease or illness. They also examine patients in addition to
obtaining medical histories. Other job responsibilities include
ordering, performing and interpreting diagnostic tests in addition
to counseling patients regarding preventive healthcare, hygiene and
diet. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate
competencies specific to the population served.
Medical degree and 2 years of direct or intern experience
Current Medical License in the state of Michigan
Current DEA and DPS Certificate of Registration
Must maintain all requirements for medical staff privileges
• Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical
principles, procedures, and techniques
• Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient
• Effective verbal and written communication skills along with
proper telephone etiquette
• Performs in a tactful and professional manner
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g.,
interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring
alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the
operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT
between 40 and 70 percent of the time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of
light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with
heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients.
Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some
fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Provides medical patient care by interviewing, examining and
treating of clinical patients in order to meet their medical
• Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by
providing materials and resources to the patients and families
• Determines which referrals are required based on examination and
• Determines level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation
• Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health care
• Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients
• Orders studies, test and ancillary services
• Documents all services in patient medical record
• Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing
• Consults with Medical Director and other professionals on staff
as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education
• Participates in process improvement, management, continuing
education, and other patient care programs established by the
hospital or clinic requirements
• Oversees mid-level medical staff as assigned as well as nursing
• Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries
• Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to
federal guidelines and regulations
• Demonstrates commitment to providing outstanding customer service
to all customers in a manner reflective of our mission, values and
customer service standards.
Thank you for your consideration, Please let me know if you have
interest in this opportunity and I will facilitate getting you
Director of Recruiting
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Permanent Placement Resources, LLC, Battle Creek , Inpatient Psychiatry Opportunity - Battle Creek, MI, Healthcare , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!