Psychiatrist - FEDERAL BENEFITS - Inpatient Provider Needed in Battle Creek, Michigan
Company: Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Battle Creek
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Battle Creek, Michigan.
This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
Performs psychiatric evaluations for a diverse population,
including geriatric and post deployment combat Veterans, who are
mentally ill and have psychosocial issues such as homelessness,
unemployment, and poor family support network.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Due to the
nature of this position hours may be rotated/extended. Travel not
Benefits: Working for the Department of Veteran Affairs offers a
comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part:
- Competitive Pay with guaranteed salary increases
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15k per
- 26 days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave
- 13 paid sick days annually with no limit on
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- CME Stipend and up 5 days paid absence to attend CME
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Thrift Savings Plan (401K) with partial agency match
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility
This position is eligible for the VA's Education Debt Reduction
Federal Benefits Overview
Salary: $230,000 - $280,000 per year
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job; non-citizens
may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified
citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Applicants tentatively selected are subject to urinalysis to
screen for illegal drug use prior and will not be appointed if a
verified positive drug test result is received. Applicants who
refuse to be tested will be denied employment.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online
The individual must qualify to perform duties as a physician, have
completed an accredited residency and/or possess experience which
has qualified the individual to perform general duties and some
specialized functions and procedures without supervision. Staff
physicians may also include attendings who train physician
residents assigned in facilities with residency training programs,
and consultants who are capable of giving authoritative views and
opinions on subjects in their field of medicine.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed
when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance
with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting
from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The
degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by
the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course
of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or
surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United
States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved
by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core
specialty training program leading to eligibility for board
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Preferred: Board Certified or Board Eligible Psychiatrist
20 Reasons Why Doctors Like the VA
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Battle Creek, Battle Creek , Psychiatrist - FEDERAL BENEFITS - Inpatient Provider Needed in Battle Creek, Michigan, Healthcare , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!