Behavior Therapist - Training Provided
Company: Centria Autism
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: January 15, 2022
*To be considered, you must be willing to commute daily 20-30
mins within the area of Battle Creek, MI.*As our Behavior
Technician, you will help children with autism so they can develop
the necessary skills needed to pursue their dreams. #DoWonders with
us.Start your rewarding career helping children with autism acquire
the skills to reach their full potential. This can be either part
or full-time work, and we provide the training to be successful. We
provide a strong compensation package with a well-defined path for
performance and tenure-based pay raises and career advancement
opportunities. If you are passionate about helping children and
want to work for a purpose-driven company to help make a
difference, we would like to chat with you.Our mission is to help
every child living with autism to develop, pursue and achieve their
own goals and dreams through high quality ABA therapy and support.
You will be on the front line of this mission helping individuals
with Autism to live their best lives possibleLinkedIn recently
published their top-10 list of the fastest growing careers, and
Behavior Technician was the only healthcare role and came in it -
at #9!What does a Behavior Technician (BT) Do?:This role is a
science-based practice that requires proper protocols to be
implemented by creating and repeating many learning opportunities,
called trials, and documenting the child's progress and responses.
Under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst or
Behavior Consultant (BCBA/BC), prompting and positive reinforcement
is used to help the individuals we work with to develop and build
upon skills that will help them to be as independent as possible
doing things throughout their lives.Depending on the client's
location, therapy will either be conducted in the child's home or
at a Centria center.
Behavior Technician job responsibilities include:Provide direct
client care in 1:1 and group settings utilizing a combination of
intensive teaching and natural environment training.
- Follow the prescribed behavioral skill acquisition and behavior
reduction protocols as outlined in client's individualized
treatment plan built by BCBA/BC.
- Collect, record, and summarize data on observable client
- Assist with parent and caregiver training in line with the
client's individualized treatment and behavior reduction
- Ensure documentation is completed on time and following
established Centria procedures.
- Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers regarding
client progress as instructed by BCBA/BC.
- Utilize safe and appropriate procedures when working with
clients and appropriately report all critical incidents and safety
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy
- Assist BCBA/BC in preparation of client materials, behavior
reduction assessments, and skills acquisition.Required
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge:
- If extended an offer, must be willing to participate in the
company's background check process.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma of GED is required.
- Must have reliable transportation and in some cases, proof of
driver's license and valid car insurance.
- Need to be at least 18 years of age.
- Willing to obtain CPR and First Aid certification along with a
TB test if you had not had one in the past year.
- Must be able to physically perform this job, including getting
down on the floor and standing up many times, lifting up to 50lbs
and the ability to run/move quickly if required to do so for the
interaction with and safety and protection of the children with
whom you work.
- Need to be very reliable and able to show up for each scheduled
- Must always be professional in terms of both presentation and
- Need to have patience to help keep our clients on task.
- Able to maintain emotional control even if client acting out
physically or verbally.
- A positive attitude and drive to help a child acquire new
skills is a must.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to do repetitive things
in a precise manner.
- Ability to follow and carry out detailed instructions.
- Strong understanding of technology to be able to record data on
a mobile device and navigate digital applications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong cultural competency with ability to remain flexible and
open minded.Additional qualifications (not required):
- Experience working as a: Behavioral Technician, Working in some
capacity with children with autism or other learning disabilities,
Teacher's Aid, Tutor, CNA, Caregiver or Home Health AideThe work
location for our Behavior Technicians will vary by client case and
could include home, community, or center. Additional time or flex
schedules may be required to complete the above work or meet
company objectivesIf you are interested in this role, then please
click APPLY NOW. If you have questions about the position, please
refer to our company Website.About Centria Healthcare:
Centria Autism is a division of Centria Healthcare, which was
founded in 2009 and headquartered in Farmington, Michigan.
Centria's flagship service is Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy
(ABA), which assists children and young adults on the autism
spectrum. Since 2014 Centria has grown this service division into a
leading provider in the country, with services stretching across 11
states and growing. This life-changing program is helping children
reach their goals and dreams through positive reinforcement and
continual support.We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, Veteran status, or disability status. This job
description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or
working conditions associated with the position. Centria reserves
the right to amend this job description at any time, with or
without written notice.
Keywords: Centria Autism, Battle Creek , Behavior Therapist - Training Provided, Healthcare , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!