Unit Coordinator BBC C5 Medical Surgical Oncology
Company: Bronson Healthcare
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: January 9, 2021
A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge
technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined
with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the
experience.LocationBBC Bronson Battle CreekTitleUnit Coordinator
BBC C5 Medical Surgical OncologyUnder general supervision from the
unit manager and/or director, and in accordance with the policies
and guidelines established within the organization and individual
unit, the unit coordinator's priority is to function as leader and
clinical liaison with staff, physicians and management, providing
continuity of leadership day to day. The unit coordinator acts as a
role model, mentor, coach and resource person to staff to ensure
all unit standards are maintained and to encourage a team
environment. The unit coordinator is involved in assisting managers
in attracting, developing, maintaining, and retaining qualified
staff members. Duties may include assisting with hiring,
orientation, monitoring and evaluating performance, problem
solving, employee counseling, staffing, payroll and budget. In
addition to duties involving unit personnel, the unit coordinator
serves as a contact for internal and external customers. He/she is
responsible for maintaining a safe environment of care, which
fosters positive customer service and meets all quality standards,
implementing new and monitoring ongoing processes. This role
provides opportunity for leadership succession. Employees providing
direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the
population served.Bachelor's degree in Nursing and 2 years of
clinical experience required Master's degree in Nursing preferred
Previous management experience preferred Formal or informal
leadership experience preferred Education/experience level may
differ for the specific department/unitLicensed Registered Nurse in
good standing with the State of MichiganAdvanced Nursing Specific
Certification preferredDepartment specific requirements as
necessary such as PALS, BLS, ACLS etc.Unit Coordinators in Labor &
Delivery and Mother/Baby/Antepartum at BMH & BBC Specific : The
Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certification through PQF or NCC is
required within 6 months of completing intermediate fetal
monitoring--- Strong leadership, organization, and communication
skills required --- Demonstrated interpersonal communication
skills, ability to resolve conflict, and ability to work as a team
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Must work independently, be able to meet deadlines and
demonstrate accountability for assignments
- Must have the ability to use software relevant to the job (i.e.
- Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Must have the ability to organize and analyze data
- Must be able to speak and write English fluently
- Interpretation of regulatory standards and assessment of impact
to the organization Work which produces high levels of
mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small
detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained
periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal
computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time. Involves
regularly lifting of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to
50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or
expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise
handling material, equipment, and other objects.
- Evaluates quality and appropriateness of care. o
Conducts/facilitates audits for accreditation, regulatory
requirements and organizational standards.
- Accounts for coordination of day-to-day unit operations, i.e.
patient placements, staff assignments.
- Assumes responsibility for staffing and scheduling personnel.
Assignments reflect appropriate utilization of personnel.
- Coordinates department staff schedule with manager input as
- Adjusts department staffing on a day-to-day basis to meet
staffing needs (including managing volume changes, replacing
- Facilitates staff attendance at organizational committees,
- Manages staffing levels to help department achieve its budget.
- Participates in projecting staffing needs and assisting in
creating a staffing plan with manager/director. o Approve/deny PTO.
- Follows organizational policies and procedures for staffing and
provides open communication with staff about scheduling
- Acts as clinical expert resource, mentoring staff, maintains
positive relationships, and builds teamwork within the entire
- Maintains knowledge on guidelines, policies, procedures, and
- Provides input into guidelines, policies, procedures, and
- Acts as first responder for clinical and service recovery
issues. Acts as a resource person for staff questions related to
job performance and departmental processes.
- Provides guidance for and supervision of personnel accountable
to nurse manager. o Provides ongoing feedback to staff related to
job performance (focuses on immediate performance coaching as
- Monitors staff performance on a day-to-day basis. o Works with
manager to develop Personal Development Plans including follow up
- Acts as role model, coach, and mentor to staff.
- Evaluates performance of personnel.
- Provides and collates peer input for evaluation.
- Communicates all staff behavior and performance issues with
manager as necessary.
- Participates in discipline process of employees with manager
notification for attendance, behavioral and performance issues.
- Participates in the evaluation process of employees at
manager's discretion. --- Co-facilitates planning and conducting of
shared governance meeting. Acts as mentor to staff chair of shared
- Facilitates charge nurse and other unit meetings, reporting to
- Participates in recruitment, selection and retention of
personnel. o Assists manager in the staff hiring process (e.g.
assist with interview process).
- Creates and supports an environment where innovation and
creativity are encouraged and valued.Shift12 Hour Night ShiftTime
TypeFull timeScheduled Weekly Hours40Cost Center6421 C5 Oncology
(BBC)Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting
employment with Bronson!
Keywords: Bronson Healthcare, Battle Creek , Unit Coordinator BBC C5 Medical Surgical Oncology, Healthcare , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!