Company: Advantage Living Center Battle Creek
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: January 8, 2021
OverviewThe Nursing Supervisor oversees the nursing staff and
residents, follows up with resident and nursing staff needs, and
assures organization policies and procedures are being
- Must have a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse
(RN) preferred, or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Current CPR
certification is required.
- A minimum of two years' experience in long term care setting.
Prefer prior management experience.
- Must have excellent assessment, planning, organization,
communication and interpersonal skills with an understanding of
- Ability to work flexible shifts including periodic weekends,
holidays and off shifts.
- Ability to communicate orally and through written reports and
other documents relating to resident, staff and others.
- Must be able to express self clearly and concisely in written
and oral communication and to communicate effectively in an
interdisciplinary care setting with residents, families, and staff
- Supervises nursing care provided by registered nurses, licensed
vocational/practical nurses and others for whom they are
administratively or professionally responsible.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organizational policies and applicable laws.
- Plans, assigns and directs work.
- Prepares work assignment sheets, taking into consideration
Resident safety, the educational preparation, experience, knowledge
and ability of the persons to whom the assignments are made.
- Reassigns employees to other units as needed for coverage.
- Participates in performance evaluations.
- Meaningfully rewards and disciplines employees with the
understanding that such discipline results in termination of
employment through progressive steps.
- Receives and resolves employee complaints.
- Monitors and corrects job performance of employees.
- Is in charge of facility in absence of higher-ranking
management officials.Essential Functions and
ResponsibilitiesAdvantage Living Centers expects their employees to
promote an atmosphere of teamwork, exemplify the values of CARING
(Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Nimbleness and
Generosity and uphold the pursuit of creating a person-centered
culture for Residents and Team Members. To perform this job
successfully, an individual must also be able to perform each key
function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key
functions.Care and Services:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and clinical expertise required to
effectively supervise all nursing activities in the facility.
- Reviews and implements all nursing procedures and systems
relative to the facility.
- Assures intershift rounds are conducted and areas of concern
corrected before prior shift leaves.
- Assures beginning and end of shift huddles are conducted
including report of resident conditions and updates on facility
- Leads daily walking clinical rounds, soliciting feedback from
staff working with residents to identify early changes in condition
and implement interventions needed to address concerns.
- Checks 24-hour report on each unit and follows up to assure
resident assessments are completed, physician notification when
appropriate, interventions put into place and documentation is
- Monitors documentation daily, audits Medication records,
treatment records, and nurses notes to assure treatments are
rendered accurately and documentation reflects current resident
needs and status.
- Monitors documentation needed to support the RAI process,
including Medicare notes and Point of Care documentation
- Conducts rounds several times per shift to evaluate the quality
of care provided, identify changes in condition, and assist
residents and staff as needed to address care or service
- Monitors new admissions to assure daily documentation is in
place, resident is satisfied with care, and needs have been
- Assesses and evaluates the performance and competency of staff
- Provides one to one education to nursing staff as needed to
improve level of care, documentation, and adherence to state and
- Uses sound clinical judgement utilizing current evidence based
standards of practice and coaches unit nurses in systematic
assessment and intervention skills.
- Coaches and assists with nursing intervention, which might be
required to stabilize a Resident's condition and/or prevent
- Consults with physician or licensed independent
- Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be
inaccurate, noneffective or contraindicated by consulting with the
appropriate licensed practitioner and notifying the ordering
practitioner when making the decision not to administer medication
- Accurately reports and documents the Resident's symptoms,
responses and status.
- Assists ADON to investigate resident incidents thoroughly and
communicates incidents and findings in writing to the Director of
- Demonstrates measures to promote a safe environment for
Residents and others.
- Designs, promotes and organizes Resident education and
counseling based on health needs.
- Collaborates with the Resident, members of the healthcare team
and, when appropriate, the Resident significant other (s) in the
interest of the Resident's healthcare.
- Prepares for and participates in facility meetings as
- Accepts only those nursing assignments that are commensurate
with one's own educational preparation, experience, knowledge and
ability and obtains instruction and supervision as necessary when
implementing nursing procedures or practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Advantage Living Center Battle Creek, Battle Creek , Nursing Supervisor, Healthcare , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!