Psychiatrist to care for our Nations Veterans - Battle Creek, MI (Phys
Company: Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Battle Creek
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: March 14, 2020
Opportunities for Psychiatrists in Battle Creek and Wyoming,
Major responsibilities include:
- Performs psychiatric evaluations for a diverse population,
including geriatric and post deployment combat Veterans, who are
mentally ill and have psychosocial issues such as homelessness,
unemployment, and poor family support network.
- Provides a full range of therapeutic interventions including
diagnostic assessment, medication evaluation and management,
suicide risk assessments, crisis intervention, and overall care of
patients with psychiatric disorders.
- Ensures practice of psychiatric medicine is consistent with
TJC, CARF, HIPPA, VA policies and procedures, clinical practice
guidelines, national statutes and regulations, medical record
documentation, and mandatory continuing education.
- The Psychiatrist may serve as a mental health team leader with
responsibilities for coordinating consults and triage of specialty
- Orders diagnostic tests and consultations, and discriminates
between normal and abnormal findings and makes appropriate
- May participate in supervision and teaching in support of the
psychiatric residency program, performs on call duties, and
performs other directly related duties as assigned.
- Areas which the psychiatrist is assigned and has clinical
privileges to practice may include depression, anxiety, psychosis,
PTSD, substance abuse, and other psychiatric disorders in various
clinical settings (outpatient, inpatient, ED). Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday; 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Due to the nature of this
position hours may be rotated/extended.
Benefits: Working for the Department of Veteran Affairs offers a
comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part:
- Competitive Pay with guaranteed salary increases
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15k per year
- 26 days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave
- 13 paid sick days annually with no limit on accumulation
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- CME Stipend and up 5 days paid absence to attend CME
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Thrift Savings Plan (401K) with partial agency match
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility This position is eligible for the VA's
Education Debt Reduction Program.
Salary: $230,000 - $280,000 per year
Contact us today to explore openings at our Battle Creek VA Medical
Center or one of the many Community Based Outpatient Clinics. It's
possible we have an opportunity near you!
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Battle Creek, Battle Creek , Psychiatrist to care for our Nations Veterans - Battle Creek, MI (Phys, Healthcare , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!