Vice President of Finance
Company: Firekeepers Casino Hotel
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: November 18, 2018
Shift:Varied Employment Status:Full-time Date Posted:10/17/2018 Job Code:VPFinance Location:FireKeepers Casino Hotel Address:11177 Michigan Ave City:Battle Creek State:MI Country:United States of America Description SCOPE OF POSITION: Responsible for the successful overall direction, administration and coordination of all activities of the Accounting, Cage, Count Team, Financial Analysis, and Income Audit departments, in accordance with the Mission and objectives of the company, as well as established policies, procedures and controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Creates, develops and implements an effective strategy of financial organization for the company, working with the CEO and SrVP/AGM, to determine objectives for future growth and expansion.
- Ensures the quality of management operations in all areas of the Finance Department.
- Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by the department.
- Monitors all activities on property, to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the company, Federal and State Tax authorities, and the Gaming Commission are enforced throughout.
- Ensures the timely completion of financial reports and statements in accordance with GAAP standards.
- Establishes and implements production standards and goals, as well as departmental policies and procedures, which will enable the Finance Department to function more effectively and efficiently.
- Reviews daily financial reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinates and prepares detailed monthly financial reports as well as the annual Business Plan and forecasted budget for the following year.
- Maintains good working relationships with the Gaming Commission, Federal and State Tax authorities.
- Reviews proposed vendor contract terms and monitors compliance.
- Organizes all financial analysis on property with regard to Capital Expenditures, Casino Revenue, Labor Cost, and Budget Forecasting.
- Reviews departmental reports, addressing potential conflicts and/or misinformation.
- Ensures a maximum level of company-wide service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained regarding the financial aspect of the business.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the company, by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with the Finance team.
- Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Operations Committee, and attends weekly meetings, giving detailed status reports on the Finance department as a whole.
- Plans growth opportunities for those Team Members who display the necessary skills, motivation and attitude to progress within the company; provides for the fair and equitable treatment of all Finance Team Members.
- Maintains and ensures the highest degree of confidentiality in all areas under the VP of Finance's direct authority.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include maintaining sufficient staffing levels; interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Minimum Requirements MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS An applicant's education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate's education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods. The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related area from a four-year college or university. Six years' experience in financial reporting, analysis or related area. Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills. Experience with budgeting, financial reporting, expense analysis, internal control systems, cost benefit analysis and financial statement interpretation. Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate, with superior spreadsheet skills.
GENERAL OF PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Professional accounting designation. Three years' experience in the gaming industry with an emphasis in Finance.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimal, and work with mathematical such as probability and statistical inference.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment. INDIAN PREFERENCE Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines "Native American" as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary. Apply Now
- Back to Results
- Save this Job
- Refer this Job Apply Now
Keywords: Firekeepers Casino Hotel, Battle Creek , Vice President of Finance, Executive , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!