Assistant Nurse Manager -Extended Care Service (84-2)
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: October 25, 2018
- The ANM responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, planning, coordinating, and implementing daily nursing activities on the assigned CLC neighborhood to include resident care, utilization of personnel, scheduling, orientation and staff development.
- The ANM executes position responsibilities that demonstrate leadership, experience, and creative approaches to the management of complex resident care.
- The ANM adheres to established policies, standards of care and standards of practice.
- The ANM demonstrates leadership in delivering and improving resident centered care through collaboration with interdisciplinary team members.
- The selected RN must demonstrate the ability to work effectively with other team members on the CLC Neighborhood, within Extended Care Service, and throughout the Medical Center to accomplish the CLC's and the Medical Center's mission, vision and goals.
- The RN must demonstrate evidence of strong positive interpersonal and customer service skills as well verbal/written communication skills.
- The selected RN will assist with maintaining effective evaluation programs on the quality of nursing care provided to the CLC's residents and personnel performance.
- He/she will demonstrate sound decision-making, critical thinking, organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and interpreting and implementing of policies and procedures.
- The RN will participate in Extended Care Service and Medical Center work groups, task forces, and committees as assigned and based on personal interest. Preferred Experience: 1. At least one year of RN experience in a long term care setting, inpatient medical/surgical unit, and/or a free standing inpatient hospice/palliative care unit. 2. At least one year of successful Nursing Management experience and demonstrated leadership in a long term care setting, inpatient medical/surgical unit, and/or free standing inpatient hospice/palliative care unit. 3. BSN or higher. Work Schedule: The individual in this role will be working either 0 or 0 Monday-Friday and will need to be flexible in terms of his/her hours because the Assistant Nurse Manager must be willing to come in on the evening and night shifts and weekends if necessary to meet with staff, to provide education, to provide direct care if necessary, and/or to observe and supervise practice. Financial Disclosure Report: Not requiredBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia. PLEASE NOTE: THE MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM PAY RANGES LISTED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT ARE AN ESTIMATE BASED ON SEVERAL FACTORS. TO ESTIMATE WHERE YOU MAY FALL BASED ON EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE QUALIFICATIONS SECTION IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade: Nurse I Level I ($54,327-$55,956)- An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required. Nurse I Level II ($57,585-$59,214) - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience. Nurse I Level III ($60,843-$72,246) - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience. Nurse II ($64,104-$85,257) - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required. Nurse III ($69,873-$92,929) - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: Heavy Lifting (45 lbs and over) Heavy Carrying (45 lbs and over) Pushing (up to 2 hours) Use of fingers Both hands required Walking (up to 6 hours) Standing (up to 6 hours) Kneeling (Intermittent) Repeated bending (up to 6 hours) Both legs required Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 an to 20/40 in the other Ability to distinguish shades of colors Hearing (aid permitted) Emotional and Mental StabilityNoneTo apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA Form 10-2850a
- Disability Rating
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Battle Creek , Assistant Nurse Manager -Extended Care Service (84-2), Executive , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!