Mechanical Engineer III (HVAC)
Company: Dennis Group
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: September 19, 2022
**We are looking for Sr and Mid-Level Mechanical Engineers**
About the Job
We are looking for experienced Mechanical Engineers to plan, design
and implement mechanical systems for industrial food and beverage
production facilities. You will work on multi-disciplinary project
teams and have an opportunity to perform, practice, and apply a
wide range of mechanical engineering skills in this role. Typical
- Developing HVAC, plant utility, plumbing, and fire suppression
- Leading mechanical system design development and coordinating
with other internal and external team members
- Developing Mechanical / Utility equipment and construction
- Developing P&ID's, equipment layout plans, plant / process
utility distribution plans, and system details
- Sizing and developing layouts for ductwork and piping
- Specifying equipment
- Assisting with the development of the building management
system (BMS) controls, details, and plans with electrical and
- Creating project documents such as calculations, reports, and
construction drawings and specifications, etc.
- Performing construction administration in the form of submittal
reviews, RFI responses, and field visits to verify construction
scope is proceeding per the intent of the design
- Researching mechanical / utility materials and best
- Supporting talent growth within our organization
Successful individuals in this position have strong written and
verbal communication skills, a team-oriented can-do attitude, and
an ability to work and manage projects independently. Some travel
is required with this position.
- 4-7 years of demonstrated HVAC and utilities experience;
mechanical experience in food and beverage, pharmaceutical, or
other sanitary environments is a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 4-7 years of HVAC and/or Utilities design experience
- Experience working with computer operations for engineering
design programs and computer aided drafting (AutoCAD, Revit,
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) is a plus
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands
across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we've
focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your
favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store.
Simply put, food isn't one thing we do, it's all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate
with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits
including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance,
paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus,
profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
JOB CODE: 1000538
Keywords: Dennis Group, Battle Creek , Mechanical Engineer III (HVAC), Engineering , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!